The Incubator Thread

ok guys, getting nervous first time hatching in incubator we are on day 12 and some have seem to have quit moving and a red ring around the end, that on day 7 were fine any ideas

humidity without adding water is about 40 temp is running 1+/- 99.5

these 2 seem to be coming along just fine though

still air, I took them out of the egg turner and laid them on side like under a hen, the half red ring went away and seems to be some activity.

yes therms were calibrated and there is some movement now they are out of the turner and on side like they would be under a hen. did toss 3 that were not fertile

Two of my Molted Houdan eggs hatched today
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I am just so excited
yippiechickie.gif

I have been putting eggs into the incubator as I get the eggs from the nest so I have the eggs hatching on different days so this next week I should be having more to share with everyone
celebrate.gif

gander007
old.gif

still air, I took them out of the egg turner and laid them on side like under a hen, the half red ring went away and seems to be some activity.

yes therms were calibrated and there is some movement now they are out of the turner and on side like they would be under a hen. did toss 3 that were not fertile
Why would you take them out the turner on day 14? (Going by your last post here). You will need to turn them for best results for 3 to 4 more days--up to and including day 18.

That's subject to debate. Theory goes that they start positioning for hatch at day 14, so it's not necessary to turn the eggs. Some studies indicate that stopping turning at day 14 does not hamper hatch.

That's subject to debate. Theory goes that they start positioning for hatch at day 14, so it's not necessary to turn the eggs. Some studies indicate that stopping turning at day 14 does not hamper hatch.
I am not getting to a debate-----What works for some----might or might not work for others. Some years back I had some to hatch that were never turned-----the turner was not plugged in---6 or 7 out of 40+ hatched. Here is what I do now----I do what works for me to give me the best hatch----I turn them to the later part of day 18----My normal hatch rate is 98 to 100% but I have had as low as 95% but rarely that low. So no need to Debate----because I am Not changing anything. Good Luck on your Future hatches.

Back
Top Bottom