The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!!

I just received my hatching egg order for the Black Australorp hatching eggs today. One egg was broken, and one is a pretty skinny one that I won't set. So, I will be setting 14 eggs in the incubator tomorrow. I will not be setting any of my own flocks eggs this time, just these Black ones.

My two to hatch! One blue one black

My two to hatch! One blue one black

Well, now you have 2 more for your flock. Do you plan to hatch out some more soon?

I put 14 of mine from Kurt in the incubator on Feb. 14th, so will be due to hatch March 7th. Kurt told me that 12 that I put in there came from his black pen, and there's 2 more with the different mark on them that he says came from his B/B/S pen, so those 2 are a mystery right now as to what color they will turn out out as.

Last edited:
Well, now you have 2 more for your flock. Do you plan to hatch out some more soon?

I put 14 of mine from Kurt in the incubator on Feb. 14th, so will be due to hatch March 7th. Kurt told me that 12 that I put in there came from his black pen, and there's 2 more with the different mark on them that he says came from his B/B/S pen, so those 2 are a mystery right now as to what color they will turn out out as.

I already sold these two... ive got seven more in the bator due in 2 weeks... i have to sell them as day olds unless i get a broody to hatch... and i havent had a broody yet

I already sold these two... ive got seven more in the bator due in 2 weeks... i have to sell them as day olds unless i get a broody to hatch... and i havent had a broody yet

Too bad that you don't have a brooder with heat lamp to put them in. I use one of those large plastic dog crates for my brooder. It's been working great from me.

Too bad that you don't have a brooder with heat lamp to put them in. I use one of those large plastic dog crates for my brooder. It's been working great from me.

I i do have a brooder with a heat lamp but i go back and forth between parents and dad often goes away so he cant look aftef them

Thank You All for your help on this subject and helping us learn so much so fast! We have exciting news that we wanted to share with you all!
1f601.png

I'M SO EXCITED & I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!
1f917.png

I've never done this before and after a lot of pondering over info on incubators and pros and cons of each model my Hubby allowed me to buy our first hatchery set up!!!
We bought a tub brooder with light (still looking into a different heat source for ducklings and quail chicks), we also bought an Incuview Deluxe Kit which included the IncuBright candler and also bought an additional IncuTherm like the reviews recommended. I've been SO EXCITED that I've called the wearhouse to see when it would leave after we ordered it and then checking its progress via mail tracking almost every 5mins!!!!
1f631.png
At least the first few days, now I'm down to once an hour or so.
1f602.png
Pathetic I know and yes I know it will not arrived sooner then it will regardless of how many times I scour for updates but I can't help it! LIFE IS BEING DELIVERED!!!
1f4aa-1f3fb.png
1f606.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Supposedly it can hold Quail eggs up to Goose eggs and Every egg in between!
1f95a.png
1f440.png

This Candler is reported to see even into the darkest and thickest of egg shells!
1f441.png

I'm SO Excited for this new adventure!
1f44f-1f3fb.png
We shall have to wait and see how everything turns out!
1f60d.png
1f424.png

We will be starting it up as soon as it arrives and doing a trial run with our quail eggs before we do our First and Official Hatch-A-Long run with our duck eggs!
1f986.png
1f423.png

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

I am thinking of hatching some eggs this Spring. One of my first question is when saving eggs to set - how long can you save and still have a viable egg? Many more questions running around in my mind but will satisfied getting an answer of this question to start off.
Thanks

@Glaseria good luck on your hatching journey!

I am thinking of hatching some eggs this Spring. One of my first question is when saving eggs to set - how long can you save and still have a viable egg? Many more questions running around in my mind but will satisfied getting an answer of this question to start off.
Thanks

Hi. You can store eggs for a week to have best hatch results although up to 10 days is the maximum but after that fertility rates really drop.... hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom