The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!!

Hi all!

[COLOR=008080]WELCOME TO 'THE INCUBATORS THREAD!!!'[/COLOR]​

I thought i would make another thread where we can all join in on each others incubating and learn! The Incubating with friends thread is very fast-paced so i thought i would make another thread hoping for a slower pace. I hope you don't mind @Sally Sunshine @BantyChooks Anybody is welcome to join and ask questions (i am definitely no expert but I'm sure people with knowledge will come and join and i will try my best to answer)

Ok several questions first eggs get locked down tomorrow, how soon should I hear chirps? Then the air sac I have two eggs where it's on the side not the end I am told they will be fine but it should be set with air sac up right? How soon should I see a pip? Been set at 99.5 to 100.0 praying I can keep humidity steady at 65 percent once I lock down tomorrow. All alive and moving on day 14, hoping for 100 percent hatch anyone have 100 percent hatch? If any hatch will be my first babies ever done this about six times now. Thanks

What about the others any certain way I should have them laying at lock down. Like with the highest point of air sac on top, most are equal or where on day 14.

Ok several questions first eggs get locked down tomorrow, how soon should I hear chirps? Then the air sac I have two eggs where it's on the side not the end I am told they will be fine but it should be set with air sac up right? How soon should I see a pip? Been set at 99.5 to 100.0 praying I can keep humidity steady at 65 percent once I lock down tomorrow. All alive and moving on day 14, hoping for 100 percent hatch anyone have 100 percent hatch? If any hatch will be my first babies ever done this about six times now. Thanks

What about the others any certain way I should have them laying at lock down. Like with the highest point of air sac on top, most are equal or where on day 14.

Hi there,

You should be able to hear chirps after the chick has made an internal pip and is breathing. When they internally pip all depends on what temp and everything your incubator has been. Im not sure what i would do with air cell??? i would probably put it up right but thats my opinion. I would keep humidity during lockdown 65%-75% so you are doing a good job there. Good luck

Thank you yes I put it air sac up. Today is day 20 and we have six pop out of 17 so I'm excited trying to stay calm. Found pips at 820 this morning two hours later no change. I have read anywhere from one hour to 24 hours so I guess I just wait it out for now. How more pip through out the day. So any suggestions on what's next if I have to do anything. Humidity is steady at 68 so I believe we are good or I hope I am. Will post pics if they hatch. Thanks a bunch

. I got pips on day 20 can't wait for chicks.

Last edited:
I'm looking into incubators and am wondering which one to buy!
1f425.png
I would like a no fuss no muss no coconuts, plug in and play, auto turning one that can handle any egg
1f95a.png
(mainly duck and quail), and has a good hatch rate. Any suggestions? Also what has been your experience with said model, pros and cons of it and the hatch rate you've had when that model was in use.
1f423.png

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

I'm looking into incubators and am wondering which one to buy!
1f425.png
I would like a no fuss no muss no coconuts, plug in and play, auto turning one that can handle any egg
1f95a.png
(mainly duck and quail), and has a good hatch rate. Any suggestions? Also what has been your experience with said model, pros and cons of it and the hatch rate you've had when that model was in use.
1f423.png

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png
I have the Brinsea Mini Advance || and it holds temp perfect, auto turn and hatch great! Highly recommend it!

Back
Top Bottom