The Incubators Thread!!! Come Join And Learn!!!

My baby died... i left it until just a little bit ago. And it hadnt made any progress pipping or even moving in the egg
I candled very well. And did the float test just to make sure. No movement at all. So i carefully opend the shell at the air sac, only to see a malpositioned baby. Feet up. Yolk and blood vesseles were completely absorbed. But dead. Guess it just couldnt get out
hmm.png
wish id known.. oh well i guess. Nothing i could have done to know. 2 more babies due in 3 days. I hope these guys will be okay.

Sorry about your dead chick. I hope that the other 2 make it for you!

65 should be fine. As long as you drop humidity back down reaply low afterwards they should be fine. Good luck

What humidity is good for days 1-18? I had it around 55% my first attempt but lost them all due to being set the wrong direction (bad advice from the person who loaned me the incubator... she said pointed side up which was way wrong!) How low should I drop it once the one hatches?

Yeah, I'm afraid of them growing too big... There's a 50/50 chance it's a mix between an Araucana and buff Orpington, and my buff is HUGE! My little Araucana is probably only half his size.... but there's also a chance that it's 100% Araucana... how did you address needing to turn group 2 with group 1 in lock down? I took the turner out when this one little survivor hit 18 days and laid it and the other 12 that are on day 5 directly on the grate, but now I have to open the incubator every time I need to turn group 2....

Well, when taking the turner out I put them in these paper towel lined 6 count individually wrapped cherry cheese danish boxes that you can buy at Walmart. I always buy those to eat. I used one of those for the 4 eggs in group 1 to keep them from getting mixed up with group2. Group 2 went into a paper towel lined cheese danish box. So the red box was group 1, and the blue box was group 2. When doing the turning with group 2, just work fast.

What humidity is good for days 1-18? I had it around 55% my first attempt but lost them all due to being set the wrong direction (bad advice from the person who loaned me the incubator... she said pointed side up which was way wrong!) How low should I drop it once the one hatches?

I listened to the instructions which said 55% but 2/3 drowned in egg from having a small air cell. I think 40% is more adequate but it all depends on air cell size and growth!
Sorry about your dead chick. I hope that the other 2 make it for you!

Yes sorry about the chick! hope the next batch make it!

My baby died... i left it until just a little bit ago. And it hadnt made any progress pipping or even moving in the egg
I candled very well. And did the float test just to make sure. No movement at all. So i carefully opend the shell at the air sac, only to see a malpositioned baby. Feet up. Yolk and blood vesseles were completely absorbed. But dead. Guess it just couldnt get out :/ wish id known.. oh well i guess. Nothing i could have done to know. 2 more babies due in 3 days. I hope these guys will be okay.

Awe I'm sorry...
1f62a.png

I listened to the instructions which said 55% but 2/3 drowned in egg from having a small air cell. I think 40% is more adequate but it all depends on air cell size and growth!

Ok great! 40-45% is where it sits if I just leave it alone so that's great! I've been soaking a sponge in hot water to set in their to keep it at 60% but it's a pain! Every couple of hours I have to re-wet the sponge with fresh hot water or the humidity drops back down.

Back
Top Bottom