The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Are these supposed to be the Silver Blue Ameracauna eggs???? Shouldn't they be BLUE ??? !!
idunno.gif

x2

Nuttyfrom6kids; thank you for posting the pics. If they are blue IRL, maybe it's just that the flash is on or in bright light?...that'll usually wash the color out. If you take a pic outside in light shade it should show colors more accurately (flash off)...or outside in the natural light on an overcast day.

My mom was excited about her pullet's first green egg, so she texted me a pic of it. What I saw was a white egg
gig.gif

x2

Nuttyfrom6kids; thank you for posting the pics. If they are blue IRL, maybe it's just that the flash is on or in bright light?...that'll usually wash the color out. If you take a pic outside in light shade it should show colors more accurately (flash off)...or outside in the natural light on an overcast day.

My mom was excited about her pullet's first green egg, so she texted me a pic of it. What I saw was a white egg
gig.gif
They have a faint light blue tint to them was darker but this is the color it has faded to they are Silver Blue hens, he is the only rooster and the only layers I have in that coop are 4 SIlver Blue Ameracaunas, 1 Easter Egger who is laying a light Greenish egg and a mixed breed olive egger who actually lays a light brown egg. Tried comparing it to my white duck egg, a pearl white silkie egg, and this morning and the picture made them all look like they have a pinkish tint to them. This baby is one of the Silver Blues that hatched this morning it is not done drying and fluffing but here it is anyways

Bid is currently $8 on these. Auction ends at 5 pm eastern!

24 hour auction -- 6+ rhodebar eggs

This is my first time on this thread, so just for fun bidding will start at $5! Postage is an additional $12. I bubble-wrap and double-box, and do my best to thwart the USPS's nefarious plans
tongue.png

Finally got pictures today, yay!!! These are my birdies
smile.png
I have three hens, but had a heck of a time getting them all in the same picture at the same time:

Eggs will ship Monday morning so long as payment is received before then! Auction will end Saturday at 5 pm eastern.

They have a faint light blue tint to them was darker but this is the color it has faded to they are Silver Blue hens, he is the only rooster and the only layers I have in that coop are 4 SIlver Blue Ameracaunas, 1 Easter Egger who is laying a light Greenish egg and a mixed breed olive egger who actually lays a light brown egg. Tried comparing it to my white duck egg, a pearl white silkie egg, and this morning and the picture made them all look like they have a pinkish tint to them. This baby is one of the Silver Blues that hatched this morning it is not done drying and fluffing but here it is anyways
Silver-blue is not a accepted color of Ameraucana. Where did these birds originate?

There are many project birds and varieties that are not accepted. I have auburn turkeys, pure from porters, that are a very old breed b but are not APA. Marans only recently became APA, first black coppers and recently cuckoo--2 years ago they were not APA but had many supporters and breeders and are now APA. No other marans variety is accepted yet.

The Silver originally came from Jean Ribbeck and the Blue came from Rocking Paints. Whether or not it is accepted yet by the APA that is the colors and the birds come from quality stock.
So, are you working on a Blue-silver duckwing variety or a Blue-silver similar to a Lemon blue with silver substituted for the gold gene? How many generations are you into this project?

There are many project birds and varieties that are not accepted. I have auburn turkeys, pure from porters, that are a very old breed b but are not APA. Marans only recently became APA, first black coppers and recently cuckoo--2 years ago they were not APA but had many supporters and breeders and are now APA. No other marans variety is accepted yet.
Black Copper and Wheaten are the accepted colors of Marans.

Back
Top Bottom