The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

My kids are close.....Kenny and Jenny and the girls across the street and our daughter Tam 2 blocks down. Our middle daughter Terrin lives in South Dakota, but she has disowned us again (I think for the 6th or 7th time) and I haven't seen her for a few years. She is Jamie and Little Diane's mom. She's never forgiven us for going to court and getting custody of her kids, even though she totally abandoned them here and ran back to SD. She had just rented a place a block down from us and across the street and had her stuff moved in but didn't have power and such yet. Although Little Diane (6) got home from school and when she realized she was alone came here, Jamie (11) got home from school about 20 minutes later, went to his new place, and sat there until it was too dark in there for him to see. Ken and I were out hunting and knew nothing about this until we got home about 8:30. In the meantime Little Diane, not knowing where her mom, her brother, and Ken and I were, left our house and went to a friend's house, scared out of her little mind. <sigh> Well, Terrin did leave a note saying she couldn't live here and would "send for the kids" when she was ready back there. Um, that would be a no!

Pluses and minuses to having them close. As soon as we pull up, they know we're home!
lau.gif

There are big mountains between me and the family in Cheyenne. They're close enough when the weather is decent (but far enough away no surprise drop in's). Until May when I moved here, I hadn't lived in the same state with family for many, many years. It worked out for us but it wouldn't be for everyone.

Hey Blooie, I told DH about your kitchen. I think if we were closer, he'd be over to give Ken a hand, lol. I told you, he likes doing this stuff!

Being on a different continent from my elderly parents is an emotional wrestling match - that i can say.

As for helping out with DIY, I'm as much use as a poke in the eye with a blunt stick
1f604.png

There are big mountains between me and the family in Cheyenne. They're close enough when the weather is decent (but far enough away no surprise drop in's). Until May when I moved here, I hadn't lived in the same state with family for many, many years. It worked out for us but it wouldn't be for everyone.

Hey Blooie, I told DH about your kitchen. I think if we were closer, he'd be over to give Ken a hand, lol. I told you, he likes doing this stuff!
lau.gif
Ken likes starting this stuff!

Good morning! Did everyone remember to change their clocks last night? We didn't
tongue.png
Stupid DST!

Have any of you taken a look at the mini contests going on? We need more entries! Blooie, I've seen you chatting but would love to see your g-kids & birds on the Family & Fowl contest. Sour, what about taking a look at the Flying Fowl contest, do you have any pictures you could share? WV, I know you have tons of photos that would fit into some of the contests. Chris, maybe something from you? DMC, you take lovely photos, come on out & share some!

No pressure of course, lol.

Good morning! Did everyone remember to change their clocks last night? We didn't
tongue.png
Stupid DST!

Have any of you taken a look at the mini contests going on? We need more entries! Blooie, I've seen you chatting but would love to see your g-kids & birds on the Family & Fowl contest. Sour, what about taking a look at the Flying Fowl contest, do you have any pictures you could share? WV, I know you have tons of photos that would fit into some of the contests. Chris, maybe something from you? DMC, you take lovely photos, come on out & share some!

No pressure of course, lol.

Good Morning, I'm glad to move to real time....won't have to go to work in the dark..would have to come home in the dark regardless:(

Even if folks don't enter, the contest are fun to follow and the pic contests already have some amazing entries and non-entry posts.

Today is the end of my Work Marathon...will have 2 whole days off after today
celebrate.gif
And on Sundays I don't have to be there til 11:OO ( 12 by the old time).

Me, share pictures ?
lau.gif
Oh come on, we shared real selfies here
cool.png

Good morning everyone
frow.gif

What kinda pics? Not that i have any interesting stuff.

Good news, SF. What you gonna do with a full two days off?

Back
Top Bottom