The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

View attachment 1084906
Last night live trap was by the closest bin where the holes are dug...this morning it was by the next bin which is at least 20 feet away?? Wish we had set up the trail cam!

Did it have a coon inside? I have have had a coon move the trap a bit after it was trapped inside, but not more then a couple of feet. 20 feet is a lot of movement.
Good luck with that one!
Scott

I have had trap wise coons and dogs roll traps. Anchor the trap tonight.
I never gave the dog a thought as he lays around most of the day but you never know. We thought about anchoring but haven't in case we get a skunk. The first 2 nights he had a long chain hooked up to it in the case of a skunk and they pulled the chain inside the cage with them...:rolleyes:

Here's our new girl...

Attachments

• IMG_7092.JPG
    IMG_7092.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7115.JPG
    IMG_7115.JPG
    369.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7128.JPG
    IMG_7128.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7130.JPG
    IMG_7130.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7147.JPG
    IMG_7147.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Here's our new girl...

I'm jealous. I've had a lot of dogs :old. By far the best was the only German Shepherd I will ever have. It was a long time ago, and I still tear up when I think of Rhondy.

No more puppies when Dani dies. Any pup we get might outlive the Princess and/or me. Perhaps we will look for an older dog who has been given up for no fault of their own.

Here's our new girl...

She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Hopefully it won't be long before she's running down the coons for you!

I'd gladly give you some of our rain. It's getting ridiculous! If I stand in certain places in the backyard I sink. This morning I wasn't sure I was going to get my foot free. I don't wear socks as the mud sucking at my gumboot heels pulls them off as I try to walk! I must look like a drunk sometimes, trying not to slip over!

My Javas are getting cute with lots of pin feathers coming through. The smaller one (who has the missing toes) relies on the bigger one's yelling to signal that it's food time. Last feed I had a bit of fun waking them up and getting the bigger one to make some noise, but we got there in the end. They are fine with 3 hourly feeds so that makes life easier.

Sunflour, what a shame you have to miss your niece's wedding but have a great time at her Bridal Shower!

Debby, I hope your new lady works out - you sure do need the extra pair of hands by the sounds of it.

Good morning.

DMC, great looking puppy! Hope she brings you years of companionship and smiles :)

Sour, that's a great idea to get an older dog that needs a home! I'm sure you could find one that would fit right into the Sour household.

J, it's crazy how much rain you are getting! Any chance of it clearing off soon? Glad to hear the Java babies are doing well.

I hear the cats romping upstairs, better go see what's going on. Almost forgot, one of our outdoor cats at the golf course got bit by a snake. DH took him in to the vet who pumped him (the cat, not DH) full of steroids, antibiotics and fluids. He's ok now but it was a close call.

Have a great Friday everyone!

P.S. The 18 yr-old quit yesterday but since that sort of thing is old news now, not worth going into.

Back
Top Bottom