The Olive-Egger thread!

My OE, Brooke, is 14 weeks now. She has turned out to be a pretty bird, but very flighty. So the pics are a little blurry! We call her our bald eagle, she has a pea comb, sure hope she lays a pretty olive egg.

Here is my F2 roo...about 4 months now. Looking at him, he is either going to be the ugliest chicken on earth or something quite spectacular. Right now he looks like an ostrich.

Quote: Finland has very strict rules when it comes to importing poultry in any form. We don't have Newcastles disease or Salmonella, and other diseases are dealt swiftly with as well, so livestock hygiene is kept at a very high level with very strict regulation. Medicated feeds aren't used either. A very good thing in my opinion. But makes it a bit difficult to introduce new breeds.
Ok, we asked the breeder about the background of the OE siblings. Apparently the roo for the mix is a BCM x (BCM x Cuckoo Marans), and the hen is something along the lines of (Araucana x ?) x (Orpington OR some sort of Silkie x Finnish Landrace). That is truly a mutt-mix. Our little Heinz 57's.

I got her to actually sit still for a second, so here are better shots. I'm pretty sure she is a marans roo over an OE hen, she hatched from an olive egg. Anyone have one that looks like her?

Ok, we asked the breeder about the background of the OE siblings. Apparently the roo for the mix is a BCM x (BCM x Cuckoo Marans), and the hen is something along the lines of (Araucana x ?) x (Orpington OR some sort of Silkie x Finnish Landrace). That is truly a mutt-mix. Our little Heinz 57's.
I don't think any of those birds are crested, are they?

I'm still thinking Crested Cream Legbar in there somewhere.

Not that it really matters, just curiosity, she lays a loverly egg!

I don't think any of those birds are crested, are they?

I'm still thinking Crested Cream Legbar in there somewhere.

Not that it really matters, just curiosity, she lays a loverly egg!

There are several land race breeds with crests.

Back
Top Bottom