The Olive-Egger thread!

Quote:
Awe, thanks! ME TOO! This will be (I think) my first broody-hatched order! I really hope it's a good hatch for you!!

Here's another pic that is a bit more accurate of my sweet Olive Eggers egg.
smile.png

7910_dsc05500.jpg

Quote:
Awe, thanks! ME TOO! This will be (I think) my first broody-hatched order! I really hope it's a good hatch for you!!

My olive eggers from you were hatched under a broody
big_smile.png
I think I have 2 girls so can't wait to see their eggs! They're a beautiful blue
smile.png

We crossed a Partridge Chantecler x Ideal Poultry Ameraucana EE. We hope they will be olive layers.

Has anyone used a Partridge Chantecler to produce olive eggs?

51260_20100327_tallgrassflock.jpg

51260_20100606_chantecana1.jpg

Quote:
Don't they lay light brown eggs? You'll get a light coating of the light brown over the 'blue' from your EE (if they carry any blue that is). It would likely be a soft muted olive if at all.

Last edited:
Quote:
They are a light brown egg layer, you need a dark brown egg layer to make a true Olive Egger.

The dark brown layers put a lot more and darker coating on the egg. Here is a breed list that includes the egg color. There is also the BYC Breed Selector however it only comes up with Welsummers and Marans when you limit the selection to dark brown eggs.

Maybe we should standardize a name for the light brown/blue egg layers, something like Pea Green or Mint Eggers.

Last edited:
Quote:
Since he's not really going to work too well as an olive egger sire , PM me and I'll give you my shipping address and take him off your hands .
wink.png

Quote:
They are a light brown egg layer, you need a dark brown egg layer to make a true Olive Egger.

The dark brown layers put a lot more and darker coating on the egg. Here is a breed list that includes the egg color. There is also the BYC Breed Selector however it only comes up with Welsummers and Marans when you limit the selection to dark brown eggs.

Maybe we should standardize a name for the light brown/blue egg layers, something like Pea Green or Mint Eggers.

I call mine 'Khaki Eggers' (see egg on the left)
22798_colorful_eggs_in_bowl.jpg

Far right and third to the left
22798_copy_of_ee_eggss.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom