The Olive-Egger thread!

Quote: The next part of my top secret breeding project,
stirthepot.gif
started laying today.
pot.gif
still not ready.
smiley-taunt013.gif
I hope you don't think I'm being mean, just having a little competition fun.
hugs.gif

not at all, lol, I'll show you mine if you show me yours muhahahahahahahahah my friens call me a mad chicken scientist, I once tried to cross an orpington with a washing machine, a little advice,,,,, don't do that, they dont like it

Quote:
Ahhh bummer. I knew it worked with the barred hens, and I was so hoping that it would work in some strange way with a barred roo. Maybe I will throw my Blue Copper boy in there instead and just cross my fingers for color... the 2nd gen eggs will be darker, too.

Last edited:
not at all, lol, I'll show you mine if you show me yours muhahahahahahahahah my friens call me a mad chicken scientist, I once tried to cross an orpington with a washing machine, a little advice,,,,, don't do that, they dont like it
900x900px-LL-aad6c5b3_051.jpeg

Here's one of my crazy chicken mixes...Marans over d'Uccle

DS wants to know why I don't keep like breeds together. Well...I always have olive eggers in my head.
gig.gif

I'm thinking of these 2 pens.

Pen 1 : F1 OE hens x blue copper marans roo

Pen 2: BBS marans x blue wheaten ameraucana roo

The BWA roo I have in mind is the lightest of all the blue roos I have. These are 5 peachick line roos. I can't bear to cull any of these.

Then maybe......just maybe, throw in a couple of german new hampshires in pen 2 for EE.

Waiting, just waiting for some of the roos to mature.

They are so noisy, always crying. Cute though. These are the only ones I kept, sold all the others, There was something like a total of 15 chicks, I sold most at auction. I keep them in big coop.

DS wants to know why I don't keep like breeds together. Well...I always have olive eggers in my head.
gig.gif

I'm thinking of these 2 pens.

Pen 1 : F1 OE hens x blue copper marans roo

Pen 2: BBS marans x blue wheaten ameraucana roo

The BWA roo I have in mind is the lightest of all the blue roos I have. These are 5 peachick line roos. I can't bear to cull any of these.

Then maybe......just maybe, throw in a couple of german new hampshires in pen 2 for EE.

Waiting, just waiting for some of the roos to mature.
What color do you think you will get with the GNH. I have a NH girl that lays pinkish color eggs, I wondered if it would make them pinker? I think I will throw a couple in with the next hatch.

I've got a couple really cool girls. I didnt hatch them but a friend of mine gave them to me. The first 2 are Egyptian Fayomi/Araucana crosses(papa was a red pyle araucana). One is rumpless, one isn't. Both have pea combs and the rumpless just started laying tiny blue eggs! They will both be worked into my olive egger pen(s) come spring.

Rumpless
IMG_6714_zps8c97223e.jpg

Rumpless
IMG_6710_zpsf3bb0915.jpg

The rumpless' first egg.
IMG_6629.jpg

Tailed pullet, not laying yet but so close.
IMG_6736_zps48896fe7.jpg

And this girl is half tolbunt polish/ half olive egger. Should start laying anyday now. She squatted for me today. She's awesome and even though she has a single comb I cannot wait to play around with her. Thinking about introducing dominant white whith a blue egg layer for some really cool lacing and to get the blue egg gene back in her. Pictures just dont do her justice. Her feathers are so shiny the camera hates taking pics of her.
IMG_6690_zps42352161.jpg

Back
Top Bottom