The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Pics
Abby,
You are supposed to be studying, not drawing pictures. LOL Needless to say that is a beautiful pencil drawing. If you are not an art major, you should be. The SLW molt is done and still no eggs. My BA's are still molting and only getting two eggs out of 9 hens. Dundee still looks like hell.
Keep in touch

Absolutely beautiful
thumbsup.gif

Thought I would share a colored pencil picture I did of some silver laced wyandottes

Abby,
Where have you been? Well the molts are over and the SLW"S and BA's are laying like crazy. I just filled the incubator and I am doing test hatches with my breeders. I still have to figure out the best of the best but I'm working on it. What happened to this thread, it just died. As far as I am concerned it is breeding time for spring POL's even with the snow on the ground. My summers are way to hot on the top of this Mt. to play that game.

Here's a pic of one of my Silver Laced Wyandotte from Cackle Hatchery. [/quote OMG Crystal! Great to see you here! Greetings!:ya I love SLW's! So far I've been unable to find a good source in California so have made do with a BLRW, an Australorp hen and my favorites' the BC Marans's. This winter I have the Aussie, the BLRW and one Marans hen laying. The AM hens haven't started again :idunno and the pullets aren't 'quite ready to lay. We'll see what their egg color is when the time comes. Meanwhile pen building to make ready for maybe a trio. SLW's or Aussies when I decide. How are the Silkens?:bun Zoichick Cyndi

I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off!
D.gif
lol Had to deal with a lice out break... Found out it came from the place I was working at over the summer. Definitely NEVER working or buying from there ever again... I even told them their chickens were infested and they kinda laughed at me and brushed it off. Even with my precautions of never using the same shoes and such they still got it :(. Thankfully 99% gone now. Just one more treatment and I'm done.

I wish mine were laying! I have gotten maybe 2 eggs every 5 days on a good week... I'm going to try artificial light to see if that encourages them a bit. Going to play a bit with their diet as well. It's the only thing I can think of to encourage him
hu.gif
. I sadly won't be able to start hatching for a while because of school again. The ones I hatched out last year are looking very nice though. Great pullets but hit and miss with the color on my cockerels. This thread really has turned into a ghost town. Hopefully it will start to liven up a bit again.

Here are a few pics of the girls/boys I am growing out.

I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off! :cd lol Had to deal with a lice out break... Found out it came from the place I was working at over the summer. Definitely NEVER working or buying from there ever again... I even told them their chickens were infested and they kinda laughed at me and brushed it off. Even with my precautions of never using the same shoes and such they still got it :(. Thankfully 99% gone now. Just one more treatment and I'm done. I wish mine were laying! I have gotten maybe 2 eggs every 5 days on a good week... I'm going to try artificial light to see if that encourages them a bit. Going to play a bit with their diet as well. It's the only thing I can think of to encourage him :confused: . I sadly won't be able to start hatching for a while because of school again. The ones I hatched out last year are looking very nice though. Great pullets but hit and miss with the color on my cockerels. This thread really has turned into a ghost town. Hopefully it will start to liven up a bit again. Here are a few pics of the girls/boys I am growing out. Beautiful, :drool These are on my Wish List, and I'm saving up for a Breeder quality pair or trio. Once me Marans are sorted out a bit better Zoichick

Awsum SLW............ where did you get them from, I would not at all mind having a couple of these guys........... beautiful indeed, I have 2 SLW hens hatchery stock , but they are friendly and they lay well, so I really can't complain. I sure do love the lacing on these birds though, and I had a couple GL and one white rooster that were very nice roosters, so are these birds normally a tame mild mannered bird?
Kim

Back
Top Bottom