The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Here's a few pictures from the relatively "peaceable kingdom". Lacy sure is happy to be out in the fresh air. The others are not as nervous around her. I think the introduction is going pretty well. We've taken to calling her "Boss Lady" though!
gig.gif

Thanks for the update. It's always been my experience that it only gets better as time goes by. Everyone gets used to a new normal. To have it going so well within the first 24 hours is a great sign. You have a beautiful flock.

I live in Wyoming. Usually it doesn't snow that much this time of year, but we've already had a snow storm that closed the roads for a day. Looks like it may be a rough winter. We need the moisture though.
Wow, roads closed. Hopefully it get's it out the system now and then a cruise winter. It is pouring rain here today.

Wow, roads closed. Hopefully it get's it out the system now and then a cruise winter. It is pouring rain here today.
It's starting already! Winds blowing at about 50mph (no kidding), Haven't seen snow yet, it's coming though. It's supposed to be done tomorrow night. I can't imagine the chicks being here tomorrow since their coming from Ohio, so hopefully the roads will be ok on Wednesday.
fl.gif
I guess we'll see what happens. The wait is killing me, I'm sure I'm going to have an anxiety attack any moment.

It's starting already! Winds blowing at about 50mph (no kidding), Haven't seen snow yet, it's coming though. It's supposed to be done tomorrow night. I can't imagine the chicks being here tomorrow since their coming from Ohio, so hopefully the roads will be ok on Wednesday.
fl.gif
I guess we'll see what happens. The wait is killing me, I'm sure I'm going to have an anxiety attack any moment.

Holy cow! 50MPH, even if it was snowing it would blow right by... Hopefully, the little darlins have heat packs!
I wish it was raining instead of snowing. I miss summer already!!!
Totally on board with AZ in the winter! Guess this means I am getting older, dang.

Holy cow! 50MPH, even if it was snowing it would blow right by... Hopefully, the little darlins have heat packs!
Totally on board with AZ in the winter! Guess this means I am getting older, dang.
I could do AZ right about now, except for the BIG bugs.
The snow does usually blow right by and on to the highway where it drifts, and to make it even more "fun" the plows don't come out till it's done snowing.
I really hope there are heat packs with the babies. Last year it was still 60 degrees this time of year. I wouldn't have ordered if I could have predicted this.

Back
Top Bottom