The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Definitely a male silver laced wyandotte. The rose comb, yellow legs, and his color are key indicators. Should turn into a handsome fellow :)

What are the key things to look for & at what age to properly sex SLW chicks?

Dan

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to chickens and I got my 1st SLW on Monday.... I was trying to read through some of this thread to find out more on coloring..... I've noticed a lot of the chicks are a lot lighter than mine..... Mine is darker with lighter underneath.... Does that mean she won't have the pretty pattern?

How old is your bird?  If it is a chick, there is a world of difference in what it looks like now and what it will look like as a mature bird.

It's only around 2 weeks, I was just curious as to why some are lighter and some are darker.... And if that has any indication on pattern... I know once the feathers start coming in she will change....

It's only around 2 weeks, I was just curious as to why some are lighter and some are darker.... And if that has any indication on pattern... I know once the feathers start coming in she will change....
I noticed on the hatchery chicks, that I got last year, the lighter chicks have better lacing as adults. Their all beautiful though. I can't wait to get my show quality chicks and see how they grow and develop.

I noticed on the hatchery chicks, that I got last year, the lighter chicks have better lacing as adults. Their all beautiful though. I can't wait to get my show quality chicks and see how they grow and develop.

I had a feeling that might be the case... Hopefully one day I will have better quality.. Right now hatchery will have to do... Thanks for reply. :)

Well I will post pictures when they are done!

The girls are laying good..so if anyone wants to order Silver Laced please let me know..

I have show quality adults and my prices are pretty reasonable for good quality chicks. I am a few dollars higher than feed store/hatchery mixed Silver Laced chicks. PM with questions..

wide rears and good tents on all of my hens..not just some of them..I cull hard to the SOP

correct lacing on chicks for good quality

the one in back was culled for poor lacing.

This pullet has a nice wide front

Fat rear..and a keeper ..
Vicki

Last edited:
Your baby's are hatching!!!

They are so darn fat and cute!! ..busting out of the egg like they can't wait to get to their new home!!....so nice and fat!!! I will post pictures!
wee.gif
10 min ago I could have slept all day, now I'll be up waiting for pics
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom