The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

I'm in Central Florida, too. Ingr is also a hatchery chick (Ideal) from the local feed store- maybe they're related?!

One week

Two weeks

Three weeks

One month

10 weeks
would not be surprised, there's only a few mega Hatcheries that the stores in the US get them from.

I have a yearling splash hen from Foley that turned out really nice. The red is so dark! if anyone is interested in her, PM me. We are near Sacramento. She is my last. I think she is too big for a box now! I also have a splash roo from Foley as well which might be available if interested party changes her mind. I am concentrating on the Lavender Lace project now and have closed my BLRW line.

I have a yearling splash hen from Foley that turned out really nice. The red is so dark! if anyone is interested in her, PM me. We are near Sacramento. She is my last. I think she is too big for a box now! I also have a splash roo from Foley as well which might be available if interested party changes her mind. I am concentrating on the Lavender Lace project now and have closed my BLRW line.
She is so beautiful. But I'm so far away here in central Illinois.

Last edited:
My sister absolutely loves SLW I've been looking for 3 days straight and can't seem to find some good show quality for her. She needs some birds for 4-h. I live in Florida but I am willing to pay for some birds. Thank you :)

My sister absolutely loves SLW I've been looking for 3 days straight and can't seem to find some good show quality for her. She needs some birds for 4-h. I live in Florida but I am willing to pay for some birds. Thank you
smile.png

If she wants SLW, it may be worth the wait to get on Jerry Foley's list. He has some nice show quality ones, possibly the best you can buy. He starts his list in the fall, so if you can get on quickly, you will be getting chicks next spring. They are $25 each plus $55 shipping, min. order of 6.

If she wants SLW, it may be worth the wait to get on Jerry Foley's list. He has some nice show quality ones, possibly the best you can buy. He starts his list in the fall, so if you can get on quickly, you will be getting chicks next spring. They are $25 each plus $55 shipping, min. order of 6.

Did you get yours yet, or do you have to wait until next fall?

Thought I would share pics of my mom's girls (I'm raising them for her with the rest of my chicks). They're 5 weeks old, the one with more black on her beak and more white in her feathers is B.B. and the other is Phoebe :)

They are super skittish and don't want to be touched, definitely not held :( I hope that gets better, my mom read they were super sweet and friendly. It's funny because when we sit with them they will get on our legs and sit, but they're gone if you try and touch them lol!

Phoebe

B.B.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom