The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

For those of you interested! My book “The Visual Guide to the Silver Laced Wyandotte” will soon be available! I am being shipped the final proof as I type, to look over, then it is ready to go! It is 118 pages of over 100 illustrations, 40 + photos, and descriptions. There is a chapter going over everything from feather color, type, comb, tail spread, wing color, and more. A simple, visual guide to understanding the standard and culling of the wyandotte for the very beginner to the seasoned professional.

I am starting to take names for regular, signed, and limited edition preorders. The limited editions include a special limited print only available with the first 30 books.

Later on I am planning on auctioning a signed book that will include an original illustration!

Regular books - $25
Signed books - $30
Limited edition (w/ print) - $50
**Shipping not included in pricing

I am also working on making this book available on the kindle!

Contact me if you would like more details or have any questions.

Hi! I'm new here and these are my first chicks on this breed. We don't have these much in our country.. I have hard time sexing these 9 weeks old, please if you could help me? 1. roo? 2.? 3.roo?
On the first picture Wyandottes should have a rose come and not a single comb but I would say cockerel. The second also a cockerel and the third a pullet. Just guessing though based on the comb coloring. Cockerels usually turn red before pullets.

I have a SLW from Meyer. Her name is Hazel. She is right at POL. I don't know enough about the SOP to judge how nice she is, although I can see for myself some imperfections, such as some mossiness on her saddle area, small body size, and minimal comb workings.

Last edited:
My SLW chicks are 7 weeks old now and I cannot tell gender on any of them yet. They all look the same except for the one that has always looked different (very light).

My SLW chicks are 7 weeks old now and I cannot tell gender on any of them yet. They all look the same except for the one that has always looked different (very light).
If I had to guess based off color the lightest one would be a cockerel and the darker ones pullets. If, I have it right it is similar to barring genes where the males get two so they are lighter in color. I am new to chickens so I could be wrong, but that would be my guess.

If I had to guess based off color the lightest one would be a cockerel and the darker ones pullets. If, I have it right it is similar to barring genes where the males get two so they are lighter in color. I am new to chickens so I could be wrong, but that would be my guess.

That would be an awesome scenario, as there are only two lighter ones, and 7 darker that all look the same.

For those of you interested! My book “The Visual Guide to the Silver Laced Wyandotte” will soon be available! I am being shipped the final proof as I type, to look over, then it is ready to go! It is 118 pages of over 100 illustrations, 40 + photos, and descriptions. There is a chapter going over everything from feather color, type, comb, tail spread, wing color, and more. A simple, visual guide to understanding the standard and culling of the wyandotte for the very beginner to the seasoned professional.

I am starting to take names for regular, signed, and limited edition preorders. The limited editions include a special limited print only available with the first 30 books.

Later on I am planning on auctioning a signed book that will include an original illustration!

Regular books - $25
Signed books - $30
Limited edition (w/ print) - $50
**Shipping not included in pricing

I am also working on making this book available on the kindle!

Contact me if you would like more details or have any questions.

Wow! I'll be watching for the Kindle edition!!!
love.gif

Hi! I'm new here and these are my first chicks on this breed. We don't have these much in our country.. I have hard time sexing these 9 weeks old, please if you could help me?
1. roo?

2.?

3.roo?
It's really hard to tell from the photos, but here's my opinion. Since #1 only gives a head shot and a little of the body I have very little feather development to help; I can't really judge by the comb, either, because being a SC it is possible for it to be a pullet- SC tend to enlarge more rapidly than RC. #2 has such poor markings it makes it difficult to tell one way or the other; while the comb is slightly pink, there is no wattle development, and the tail coloration makes me lean toward pullet. #3 I would definitely guess as a pullet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom