The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

Just found this thread, here are some of my Silver laced babies. I have 5 hens and 3 roosters. Hoping to go to the small animal trade show near me tomorrow and get rid of 2 of the roosters. One of my SLW's ended up with a single comb. That kinda made me mad that a breeder would sell that. I will not be breeding her!

How old are the birds and were they purchased from a hatchery or a breeder?
You will want to look at the type when you select which rooster to keep. The two pictures above show a leggy bird with a flat back and a squirrel tail.
The pullet in the 4th photo seems to have a nice thickness to her frame...

While not silver laced, these Wyandotte birds should give you an idea of the type you want in your grown birds.

Some very good quality silver laced Wyandottes in Tiel (Holland), where the members of the Dutch Wyandotte Club showed this years breeding results.

How old are the birds and were they purchased from a hatchery or a breeder?
You will want to look at the type when you select which rooster to keep. The two pictures above show a leggy bird with a flat back and a squirrel tail.
The pullet in the 4th photo seems to have a nice thickness to her frame...

While not silver laced, these Wyandotte birds should give you an idea of the type you want in your grown birds.

All of those pictures were taken before they reached complete maturity, so they look a little bit better now, the two rooster that I posted pics of are the ones I am not keeping, I will post some pictures of everybody full grown, I would gladly take suggestions on which one I should keep. I have an idea which to keep, but am open to suggestions. I did get them from a hatchery, so I guess I am not too surprised they are not great.

Back
Top Bottom