The Silver Laced Wyandotte Thread

This is supposedly my SLW.But it is obvious from these pics,she must have something else. She has some slight golden in her neck, no Pea comb,and isn't a very fluffy hen, she is quite skinny.
If you have any ideas of what she is, please tell me.

She is a production type silver laced wyandotte, nothing in the mix. I have one who looks just like yours that I keep for comparison's sake. The difference between hatchery/production stock and breeding stock is quite large

Got some pics of my SLWs the other day...

Astrid, the only one that's laying. She's in a pen with my wheaten Ameraucana cockerel to make me some olive eggers at the moment:

One of her eggs:

Freya. Her and Astrid are over 9 months old now, so I'm hoping Freya will start laying soon:

And, last but not least, little Percival (Percy). I've been having a hard time convincing myself he's a boy, since he's growing so slowly, but he's from a hatchery, sexed as a male, so I continue to have faith. He does seem to be getting more white on his wings, and he's only 17 weeks, so there's hope for him yet:

That's my Splash Laced Red Wyandotte pullet in front and my Blue Ameraucana cockerel behind him
big_smile.png
I can't wait for Percy to get bigger so he can help me hatch out more SLW babies! I love my girls, and even though Percy is a bit of a wuss, I still love him, too. Can't really blame him, anyway...there are 3 other older cockerels he has to contend with, so that could have something to do with him maturing more slowly.

I realize that most of you prefer show quality SLW's, but I'd like to give a thumbs up for production quality, too, like the ones I got free last year. They are easy to handle, and really do well in severe heat and severe cold, and they lay consistently. I will definitely get some more for more my flock.

Can I please get your opinion on our Dottie sold to us as a hen,she is now 4 half months old and worrying us as she is looking so much like a roo? Please help! Thx![/B]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom