the sultan thread

Pics
SULTAN
( sultan in TURKISH =king )

How beautiful.
love.gif

I hope aim posting this to the right thread? I dont mean to hijack the thread but after emailing numerous people that at one time had sultans and no longer do i was finding it hard to find sultans except from major hatcheries and hatchery quality. But I found another source for sultans since I have been finding it so hard to find them still can only find them in white but its a country store called Double R Country Store in Palm Bay Fl not too bad on shipping for 15 birds $15.00 basically less than 50 for 15 chicks includes shipping. Now I have to get hold of some of those black sultans or eggs that have been posted on this same thread. Hint hint please email me if you have some fertilized sultan eggs and I will either let my silkie hen hatch them or put them in the incubator. Maybe half and half. Thanks Penney

I hope aim posting this to the right thread? I dont mean to hijack the thread but after emailing numerous people that at one time had sultans and no longer do i was finding it hard to find sultans except from major hatcheries and hatchery quality. But I found another source for sultans since I have been finding it so hard to find them still can only find them in white but its a country store called Double R Country Store in Palm Bay Fl not too bad on shipping for 15 birds $15.00 basically less than 50 for 15 chicks includes shipping. Now I have to get hold of some of those black sultans or eggs that have been posted on this same thread. Hint hint please email me if you have some fertilized sultan eggs and I will either let my silkie hen hatch them or put them in the incubator. Maybe half and half. Thanks Penney
Oh my, just visited the site, and I think I may be ordering from them this spring.
clap.gif
Very good selection, and sounds like they may have good quality.
fl.gif

We will see this spring.

Well, they do state they get their sultan chicks from Cackle Hatchery. Mine are from Ideal, and I think they're adorable. Not all of them are perfect, but I did get 12, and really like several of the pullets and one of the cockerels very much. The others are sweet birds, and I kept all the hens as I plan on eating the eggs
tongue.png
They're bantams, so I don't know what Ideal's standard LF are like? You can always breed your best from the batch to build up a nice flock, sell off the rest? But as for color, those are project birds and you will probably need to be lenient with how they look because they probably aren't many generations from the original cross and things can pop up... so I just suggest not to be too picky if you do that :) That way if they're really good specimens, you can be really happy
smile.png

Well, they do state they get their sultan chicks from Cackle Hatchery. Mine are from Ideal, and I think they're adorable. Not all of them are perfect, but I did get 12, and really like several of the pullets and one of the cockerels very much. The others are sweet birds, and I kept all the hens as I plan on eating the eggs
tongue.png
They're bantams, so I don't know what Ideal's standard LF are like? You can always breed your best from the batch to build up a nice flock, sell off the rest? But as for color, those are project birds and you will probably need to be lenient with how they look because they probably aren't many generations from the original cross and things can pop up... so I just suggest not to be too picky if you do that :) That way if they're really good specimens, you can be really happy
smile.png
Oh. Yeah. Just saw that they drop ship.
sad.png

All my sultan's eggs are fertilized! So excited! Two more weeks and two days before they hatch!
LOL, at first it seems to take forever! Then you turn around and there they are! LOL
fl.gif
hope they all hatch healthy little sqibbles!

Oh. Yeah. Just saw that they drop ship.
sad.png
Just wanted to make sure you are all informed. I have nothing against hatcheries. Sometimes the chicks grow up strange, sometimes very beautifully!

Hi,
I'm a new of backyardchicken I leave in N'Hollywood.Myname is tiger.I would like to know Do you have sultan chicken hen for sale? Because I got 3 but all male.Please contract me back my phone [email protected].
Thanks
tiger..

Back
Top Bottom