the sultan thread

Pics
My uncle got him instead.
Good. I'm glad he got a good home!
thumbsup.gif

Oh gosh, I can no longer take pictures of my birds! The Shame! They were once white and beautiful (well to me anyway) now they're covered in a sticky mess since I've started feeding them fermented food! Now my Leghorns manage to eat just fine... well maybe a little spill on their chest, but the Sultans (and creves) are amazingly dirty! I don't know why there is a difference, but it's funny watching them eat. Every once in a while, they have to shake the food off their beaks, and their heads are all together, so they shake it right on to their neighbors, and before you know it, their crests, beards and muffs and basically whole top half of them are filthy!
lau.gif
he.gif
But Charlie is clean???? I don't get that?!?!? I never see him eat either, though he must, his crop is full... must wait until all the hens eat first or something, I don't know??

Oh gosh, I can no longer take pictures of my birds! The Shame! They were once white and beautiful (well to me anyway) now they're covered in a sticky mess since I've started feeding them fermented food! Now my Leghorns manage to eat just fine... well maybe a little spill on their chest, but the Sultans (and creves) are amazingly dirty! I don't know why there is a difference, but it's funny watching them eat. Every once in a while, they have to shake the food off their beaks, and their heads are all together, so they shake it right on to their neighbors, and before you know it, their crests, beards and muffs and basically whole top half of them are filthy!
lau.gif
he.gif
But Charlie is clean???? I don't get that?!?!? I never see him eat either, though he must, his crop is full... must wait until all the hens eat first or something, I don't know??
Haha! What little goofballs! Charley is a good boy.
thumbsup.gif

You probably don't see him eat because he's a boy and he's letting his girls eat. My silkie roo NEVER takes treats when the girls are eating, and it's near impossible to get my roo Duke to get a treat because he either drops it for the girls, lets the girls peck it from his mouth, or just stares at it...

I guess they believe in "ladies first"
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom