The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

OK peeps, so we're encountering a tad bit of a problem. The humidity is dropping. Not fast, but it's dropping. I worry that during the night it'll drop drastically, and they all won't be able to hatch (since the humidity can drop from 55% to 23% within 30 minutes). Should I open the incubator later today and add a bit of water?

OK peeps, so we're encountering a tad bit of a problem. The humidity is dropping. Not fast, but it's dropping. I worry that during the night it'll drop drastically, and they all won't be able to hatch (since the humidity can drop from 55% to 23% within 30 minutes). Should I open the incubator later today and add a bit of water?
Opening the incubator is not an issue. I do it all the time. Heck, had a brief power outage that cooled the eggs completely (including my Survivor eggs) and they did fine.

Place a damp sponge or folded face cloth in there with them to keep the humidity up if you're worried. :hugs

Opening the incubator is not an issue. I do it all the time. Heck, had a brief power outage that cooled the eggs completely (including my Survivor eggs) and they did fine.

Place a damp sponge or folded face cloth in there with them to keep the humidity up if you're worried. :hugs

OK. That does make me feel better about opening it. Maybe I'll place a sponge in, as you say, in hopes of keeping the humidity stable for longer

Yep, a big piece of sponge in a cup of water is what I do, sticking out the top of the cup, keeps it quite humid in the machine.

Now I need to go see if I have any sponges that haven't been used laying around. While putting water in, I MIIIIGHT do a quick candling to see where these guys are development-wise

I suppose a wet cotton cloth in a bowl should do the trick too.

I ended up going with the sponge. Now I worry that the humidity will be too high. Right now it's at 75%, which seems to be within the recommended range in the incubator manual, and it's about the humidity that I start to see some condensation on the walls.

You'll come to find out that worrying is my status quo:)

I ended up going with the sponge. Now I worry that the humidity will be too high. Right now it's at 75%, which seems to be within the recommended range in the incubator manual, and it's about the humidity that I start to see some condensation on the walls.

You'll come to find out that worrying is my status quo:)
NOOOOOOOOO! :eek:

:lau

Back
Top Bottom