The Wabbit thread!!!! Anything about rabbits

When I come to feed them or pet them he hides in a cardboard box and just peeks out at me. He won't run away from my hand tho and quite easily lets me pick him up and pet him. I don't know if he's just frozen scared or doesn't mind. His heart rate isn't super high when I pick him up, it's the same if I pick up my other rabbits. He's just not curious enough to move around when I bring him inside or outside of the cage.

To tell if he's scared or not, you could look at his body language. If his eyes are wide and he's kind of tense, he's scared. If his eyes look more calm he's probably just lying down. A good way to see if he's scared of u is to put some long grass or carrot in front of him and see if he eats it. My rabbits don't like to eat when they're scared of something. Good luck with him!

The eyes don't do the super scared thing that rabbits do (shows the whites). Do you know how old this rabbit is and when he/she should be bred?
I think it's a she now.

I acquired a family/herd of rabbits yesterday. I'm wondering if anyone can guess at what breeds *could* be in the mix and, genetically, what colors they are. The photos are not edited.

The buck has me completely bumfuzzled other than that he carries REW (some of his kits with one doe are REW)

The doe with 6 week old kits appears to be a broken steel, but carries chinchilla maybe? She is a broken, and from what I can see from her kits colors she carries REW.

The doe with 2 week old kits appears to maybe be broken chinchilla? One of her kits looks chocolate, but I really am not sure.

I acquired a family/herd of rabbits yesterday. I'm wondering if anyone can guess at what breeds *could* be in the mix and, genetically, what colors they are. The photos are not edited.

The buck has me completely bumfuzzled other than that he carries REW (some of his kits with one doe are REW)

Siamese Sable

The doe with 6 week old kits appears to be a broken steel, but carries chinchilla maybe? She is a broken, and from what I can see from her kits colors she carries REW.

Broken Chestnut

Frosty

Broken Red (?)

The doe with 2 week old kits appears to maybe be broken chinchilla? One of her kits looks chocolate, but I really am not sure.

Broken Sable Agouti

Frosty

Siamese Sable

The spots are from sun fading/staining on his coat. He appears to be starting to molt (which is why some parts of his face are so much darker), the spots will most likely shed out within the next few weeks.

If I were to guess about breeds, I'd have to go with Mini Rex and Holland Lop. A lot of the babies have the slightly shaggier coat that I associate with Hollands, and the does' faces make me think Mini Rex.

The spots are from sun fading/staining on his coat. He appears to be starting to molt (which is why some parts of his face are so much darker), the spots will most likely shed out within the next few weeks.

If I were to guess about breeds, I'd have to go with Mini Rex and Holland Lop. A lot of the babies have the slightly shaggier coat that I associate with Hollands, and the does' faces make me think Mini Rex.

That makes sense. Now that you mention breeds, his ears don't always stand upright. I think the term is helicopter ears?
Thank you again for your help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom