The Welsummer Thread!!!!

@appalachianchic
  You might try putting this post in the What breedor gender is this forum
Someone there might be able to tell you...its awful hard to tell chipmunk chicks breed apart tho.
You could always just for half Wellies and half SS...then at least you'd get some of each.
My SS was much fluffier and yellow than my Wellie. I would say your Wellies survived. I'm sorry you lost your SS.

Last edited:
Ok, so majority on this thread and the speckled sussex thread is that these are wellies. Good to know, will post more pics once they get more feathers in. Thanks all.

Has anyone crossed welsummers with american game? I want to try it my welsummers are hatchery birds an my american game are mostly hatch. Any idea how they will look as far as mature size an egg color and production? I will not be selling any eggs or chicks this is something I want to do for myself to get the welsummers quality's with games ability to escape predictors

Last edited:
So I think I have this now, the right one is a cockerel and the left is a pullet correct? If so then I have 3 and 3 including the little runt I picked out that I really wanted to be a pullet
1f614.png
All 3 pullets seem to be feathering out faster, they already have tails, but so does the runt which is the only thing confusing me. It's much smaller than all the others, could it be a different breed?

Are welsummers supposed to be a freindly breed because mine is not that freindly and she only likes one other chick and she is aggressive twordes the other ones especially the duck

Back
Top Bottom