The Wyandotte Bantam Thread

I notice Unclebeesbirds has two auctions ending tomorrow night on eBay. Bantam BLRW and bantam SLW. I bought some more of his because the first three of his I have from spring are gorgeous. About half of the received eggs are developing. There might would be more if that Cincinnati sorting facility near him was a bit more gentle.

I notice Unclebeesbirds has two auctions ending tomorrow night on eBay. Bantam BLRW and bantam SLW. I bought some more of his because the first three of his I have from spring are gorgeous. About half of the received eggs are developing. There might would be more if that Cincinnati sorting facility near him was a bit more gentle.

Very exciting!

Good luck! I ordered eggs from him this year and had no luck. He was very good to work with and I totally understand the perils of shipping eggs so I'm going to get chicks from him in the spring.

These are my silver pencilled wyandotte bantam pullets Martha and Harriet, I have read that the silver pencilled is uncommon but there is a great breeder not too far from here.

Hi wyandotte peeps!
I am new to chickens and got my first bunch of chicks may 30th. They were all supposed to be speckled sussex and welsummer BUT...I got a mystery chick. Who is clearly bantam. I posted some pics in a different thread and some are of the opinion that this little one is a bantam partidge wyandotte! How exciting! The breeder had some hatching eggs from friends hatch the same day, but I'm not sure of breeds. He is an older guy and hard to get in touch with. So I thought I would ask you wyandotte enthusiasts and get your opinion. Doesn't matter to me what breed she is...I think she is great either way. Just very curious!
So here is my mystery baby. She was hatched May 30th, so she is still quote young.
Sorry for the crummy pics...she is not a willing model and I had a sussex pullet on my back!

This pic is just to show the size discrepancy between her and a welsummer pullet hatched on the same day. Also a good one for her colour.
Let me know what you think. Not gonna lie, I am very much hoping she is wyandotte!

@Shesinthebarn

Hard to tell... But a partridge wyandotte is a good guess.

@pigeonman95

I think there is a list of breeders on the wyandotte club page. Not sure though.... I am having a low brain function moment. :p

She does look like a partridge wyandotte, she has that lovely curved wyandotte shape and her colour is such a lovely rich red/brown!

My wyandotte, Lucy, is either black or soon to be black and white. She loves to hop on either my arm or my head, mostly my headXD I come out of the chick coop and it looks like I just woke up in the morning! But the truth is, that darn/wonderfully sweet wyandotte was on my head!XD

Back
Top Bottom