The Wyandotte Thread

I have been having a horrible hatch rate this fall and winter ...the eggs are fertile, but I'm getting a lot of quitters. This goes for the banty and the large fowl.
I'm going to wait and condition and then collect in the spring.
Looking into a better incubator too.

I have been having a horrible hatch rate this fall and winter ...the eggs are fertile, but I'm getting a lot of quitters. This goes for the banty and the large fowl.
I'm going to wait and condition and then collect in the spring.
Looking into a better incubator too.
I have my best hatches using the dry incubation method. I find they drown if the humidity is too high.

I have tried that before and did okay. I did a half filled incubator. This time I was using all 48 cups and was rotating in and out several hatches....adding when I candled and removed for the hatcher.
Will go back to the dry hatch for one more hatch with selected eggs. Thanks.

Just wanted to share...

My Columbian Wyandotte (Roxy) is likely not show quality, but she's turned from the ugliest little runt of a chick that couldn't grow feathers...into a beautiful young lady who graced us with our first eggs Thanksgiving week! She makes me laugh almost every day because she's a talkative little thing and always comes running (waddling) over at high speed when she sees me, hoping for a treat.
smile.png

Then....

Now!

oh, and she loves to boss around my cats....

She's just a joy.
smile.png

Just wanted to share...

My Columbian Wyandotte (Roxy) is likely not show quality, but she's turned from the ugliest little runt of a chick that couldn't grow feathers...into a beautiful young lady who graced us with our first eggs Thanksgiving week! She makes me laugh almost every day because she's a talkative little thing and always comes running (waddling) over at high speed when she sees me, hoping for a treat.
smile.png

Then....

Now!

oh, and she loves to boss around my cats....

She's just a joy.
smile.png
She is so cute

Back
Top Bottom