The Wyandotte Thread

Hmmm mine look very splashy! I'll get some pictures later when I get them back. Right now they are "volunteering" at a care home for seniors with memory loss
smile.png

Quote:
Hi jenifer!
I'm gonna say on normal between 22 and 30 weeks. Mine we're like 27 weeks and my younger batch where 25 weeks.

Hey!! I knew they were later than some but had never heard WHEN. Thanks for the help.
smile.png
..or I forgot if I heard...too much incoming info sometimes. HA

Last edited:
Quote:
I think he's pretty! And from this angle its hard to tell but he looks to have a nice heart shape body. His red coloring is nice and deep. But I'm still new to wyandottes. He sure makes me want to get some partridges though!
smile.png

Quote:
Oh sorry I misread you. So the splash you can usually tell and the black and blue are a little trickier.

Black is unusual, splash and blue are easy to tell.

Light beige body down usually means splash. Brown body with dark brown stripes is usually blue. Black, is anyones guess until they feather out, and then, you think its black, but if the under down is not black, then its still a blue.

I promised a picture earlier this morning and finally got around to taking one (after I cleaned the brooder).

The top two in the picture are my hatchery SLWs...I think the top one looks more penciled the laced though...opinions? They're 5 weeks old yesterday.

04212011Dustbath.jpg

Last edited:
I have to comment on how stinky my chicks are today! Once I got upstairs to post that pic, I realized I had blood on my hand and I wasn't bleeding (I assume one of the girls got a cut). I went downstairs and it smells like a barn today in my laundry room! The sand in their "fry pan" is fresh and therefore wet...they love it that way and I rarely see them use it after it dries out, but man are they stinky because they're wet! We don't normally notice any "smell"...my Mother was here for a week and was impressed at how much they didn't smell!

I couldn't find any wounds when I went to check on them...I'll go again in a little while and see if there's an issue I need to deal with.

corn makes their poo smell stronger. When giving them scratch as a treat they reward with smelly chick bombs.
Broccoli really does it....peeeueewwwe
sickbyc.gif

Hope they are ok and maybe you got a paper thin cut maybe?

Back
Top Bottom