The Wyandotte Thread

Valid points-Turbo!
Thanks goes to those who have attempted to unconfuse me with chicken genetics.
smile.png

hahahaha

I always thought it was pronounced the way it is spelled as it has 2 words in it. Wyan & dot.
big_smile.png

Wyan met dot and became Wyandotte....sort of like Bradgelina, Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie.
tongue.png

Hi. I posted a humorous shot of these guys over at the online poultry show, so I thought I'd introduce my 5 1/2 month old BLRW pair more formally. Unfortunately my rooster, Ian, was having none of that formality stuff. I seem to have gotten the class clown:

DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0088-2.jpg

Anyway, Sylvia, looking proper and dignified

DSC_0078.jpg

And a couple of shots to give an idea of Ian's size and color; I think he's got nicely saturated colors for a splash roo:

DSC_0084-1.jpg

DSC_0085-2.jpg

I got them from Rainwolf when they didn't fit in with her flock; I've loved Wyandottes my whole life, and here they are!

Last edited:
84541_april2011_022.jpg

one of our 2 SLW - First time having this breed and 4 months in i'm thinking "what the hell did i do?!?
barnie.gif
"> we have mostly silkies and only one "real" chicken
lau.gif
- RIR until this new batch of foster chicks for broody Miesha.

My SLW young ladies are pushy , bratty , rude chickens.... but hey we love em anyway
lol.png

Quote:
Yes, when we say blue, we mean blue laced red, just don't say all the words.
Splash is a lighter shade of the variety, but still blue laced red.
I'd be surprized if you have a "black laced" bird. It will probably turn out to be a dark blue laced red.

Boy do I feel dumb
smile.png
Sorry!! I am just getting started with chickens and totally clueless
hu.gif

Thanks SO much for the help and clarification.
ya.gif

You'll be talking like a pro sooner than you think!
We all had to start at the beginning, you'll be speaking like the rest of us soon!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Boy do I feel dumb
smile.png
Sorry!! I am just getting started with chickens and totally clueless
hu.gif

Thanks SO much for the help and clarification.
ya.gif

You'll be talking like a pro sooner than you think!
We all had to start at the beginning, you'll be speaking like the rest of us soon!
thumbsup.gif

I really appreciate the support. I am just a back yard flock owner but would love to have a farm and breed/show some day. I guess everyone has to start some where. I don't know HOW I am going to decide who to keep from these 5 puff balls. Suggestions for best quality/preferred look perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom