Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"Hey, babe. Don't use the downstairs bathroom right now. The rooster's in there until he cools off."

When it gets too hot out, I'll put a chicken in there to cool off with the cold tile & A/C.

In reference to your comment on whether or not chicken farts smell ......... ::::Takes a deep breath and collects thoughts:::::
I have a young Buff Laced Polish Hen and i can ASSURE you with no shadow of a doubt that they *DO* in fact smell. BAD. VERY BAD.
It has only happened once (crosses fingers) and my nostrils have never be the same since.
1f632.png

Last edited:
But honey, I gotta take 'Bird with us! He's not feeling well.

Yes Mom, MayMay will be coming with us for Easter dinner. No she is not being served.

What do you mean you dont have a diaper in her size?

It's only poop. It will wash off, or just  give it a flick.

Don't you DARE turn the lights off.

Honey, how about a furnace for the tajmahal?

(at 2 in the morning in the middle of winter) But it's so cold out and I have an extra down comforter that's really old....

They are NOT just chickens, they are MY chickens.

Sorry, I can not go this year, I dont have a sitter.

No, she's not fat! She's just fluffy.
and the list goes on and on.....

1f602.png

I've never said anything particularly interesting but my birds did end up on facebook once. You see, my birds used to free range all the time, because we don't really have a predator problem. Anyways, one day, my birds got a little adventurous and crossed the street to visit the neighbors..all of them. And, I had 75 birds. This had never happened before, so I was surprised when I saw the post on facebook: a picture of my birds crossing the road with the caption "Who's chickens are these?"
1f602.png

I've never said anything particularly interesting but my birds did end up on facebook once. You see, my birds used to free range all the time, because we don't really have a predator problem. Anyways, one day, my birds got a little adventurous and crossed the street to visit the neighbors..all of them. And, I had 75 birds. This had never happened before, so I was surprised when I saw the post on facebook: a picture of my birds crossing the road with the caption "Who's chickens are these?"
1f602.png
It begs the question, why did the chickens cross the road?
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

I've got 12 week old chicks, and last night I took my 9 yr old brother and sister out with me to check on them and let the chicks get a used to us. So as we are sitting on the floor with the chicks exploring and jumping on us, my little sister exclaims "Why do you always get the dry poop?" I laughed so much, I don't think the chicks are ever gonna like me.

Back
Top Bottom