Top Ten Worming and Wormer Misinformations - Graphic Pictures!

Good question... Maybe @KsKingBee can answer that.

-Kathy

I only put the meds in the morning feeding, they have all day to clean it up. IF they don't have it cleaned up they don't get any evening feed, that insures that they eat the medicated fed in the morning. I know that others will put the meds on bread, or into scrambled eggs, but it such a treat it is really difficult to know which bird got the correct measured med. So as you like, but I feel more confident putting meds in the feed. If you put the meds in scrambled eggs and add that to the feed some of the birds will pick out the eggs and others will get shorted.

Might make it easier. They love scrambled eggs *or eggs that're fried, raw, boiled...* The two broodies were watching me with too much interest, so I let them out of their cages, and they ate the mash, too.

I wouldn't recommend getting mature birds familiar with the taste for their own eggs. There are plenty other nutrient rich supplements which provide animal protein. Beside that, raw eggs contain a certain protein called Avidin. It inactivates the vitamin Biotin, which could lead to a deficiency.

I wouldn't recommend getting mature birds familiar with the taste for their own eggs. There are plenty other nutrient rich supplements which provide animal protein. Beside that, raw eggs contain a certain protein called Avidin. It inactivates the vitamin Biotin, which could lead to a deficiency.

I feed my birds boiled eggs when they are ill and need a little protein boost. Since they are two different consistencies and I always mash them up, I can't imagine that they would be able to connect the dots..... Or could they?

MrsB

I feed my birds boiled eggs when they are ill and need a little protein boost. Since they are two different consistencies and I always mash them up, I can't imagine that they would be able to connect the dots..... Or could they?

MrsB

Mine never have, but I never give them raw eggs. They get those when someone lays a soft-shelled or thin-shelled egg and somebody breaks it. Mine get scrambled.

MrsB

I've used mashed hard boiled egg or scrambled egg for a weak, sick bird that isn't eating well. I do know that chickens eat what is most preferable once it is available, and since milk proteins are one of the best animal proteins they can get, I don't need to add eggs to their diet. I have all sorts of animal proteins to choose from besides getting them familiar with the taste of their own eggs. I don't want them being familiar with the taste of egg because I've seen what one egg eater can do. She leads all the rest to start doing it by example, and it is hard to break them all of it once they get a taste of the egg. I want to collect eggs for eating myself or hatch them, not feed them to my birds.

I've used mashed hard boiled egg or scrambled egg for a weak, sick bird that isn't eating well. I do know that chickens eat what is most preferable once it is available, and since milk proteins are one of the best animal proteins they can get, I don't need to add eggs to their diet. I have all sorts of animal proteins to choose from besides getting them familiar with the taste of their own eggs. I don't want them being familiar with the taste of egg because I've seen what one egg eater can do. She leads all the rest to start doing it by example, and it is hard to break them all of it once they get a taste of the egg. I want to collect eggs for eating myself or hatch them, not feed them to my birds.

That makes sense.

I'm hesitant to use dairy on my birds, since they aren't mammals and lack the enzymes and all that. That's just my camp, though. :)

MrsB

That makes sense.

I'm hesitant to use dairy on my birds, since they aren't mammals and lack the enzymes and all that. That's just my camp, though. :)

MrsB
My pet opossum drank some fat free milk and was quite sick with a horrible case of the runs for a couple of days.

-Kathy

My pet opossum drank some fat free milk and was quite sick with a horrible case of the runs for a couple of days.

-Kathy

Fat free milk from the store =/= wild mama opossum milk. :)

*I* get sick when I drink milk from the store, too. Humans are the only mammal on the planet that drinks milk after infancy and it's from a totally different species...... I digress.

I'll drink my raw goat's milk and so will my dogs, but my chickens... no way! Not unless it's the whey left over from cheese-making. :)

MrsB

Fat free milk from the store =/= wild mama opossum milk. :)

*I* get sick when I drink milk from the store, too. Humans are the only mammal on the planet that drinks milk after infancy and it's from a totally different species...... I digress.

I'll drink my raw goat's milk and so will my dogs, but my chickens... no way! Not unless it's the whey left over from cheese-making. :)

MrsB

I drink raw goat milk, too. How does a chicken get probiotics, or do they not need them? Aren't they found in yogurt?

Back
Top Bottom