Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our brand new local TSC got chicks in yesterday so naturally we went to check it out. I was disappointed. They had 5 bins labeled "Assorted Red" Pullets, "Assorted Bantams", "Assorted Yellow Chicks", "Assorted Ducklings" and "Cornish Rock".

After each "assorted color" they listed about 8 different breeds that could be mixed in that batch. And they were all straight run and ranged from $1.99 to $4.99 each, for some unknown breed and unknown sex! We laughed and walked out.

Our brand new local TSC got chicks in yesterday so naturally we went to check it out. I was disappointed. They had 5 bins labeled "Assorted Red" Pullets, "Assorted Bantams", "Assorted Yellow Chicks", "Assorted Ducklings" and "Cornish Rock".

After each "assorted color" they listed about 8 different breeds that could be mixed in that batch. And they were all straight run and ranged from $1.99 to $4.99 each, for some unknown breed and unknown sex! We laughed and walked

Both our TSC & Agway get their chicks from Mt. Healthy. Both have similar brooder set ups and the chicks seem clean and healthy. I will only buy my chicks from Agway as TSC orders a lot of straight run chicks which may be mixed together with similar breeds. TSC orders a very limited selection of breeds where as my Agway gets a wide variety of breeds mostly in sexed pullets not straight run. Agway will also special order any breed Mt Healthy carries for you. Agway also does not have a minimum amount of chicks you need to purchase. The chicks are a couple of cents each more at my Agway but worth it.

My guess would be to call the store

They do have a flyer for ordering chicks

Best to call the store

Yes they have ducks as well and I have to say ours has a very good selection of chicks both sexed pullets and straight run that changes every week. the only thing I will say is when you get strait run ive noticed that they seem to have a larger % of roo's .Last year there selection included everything from brahmas to partridge rocks and glw's just to name a few.

Ours also locks them in a cage in the large bins. Ours are labeled by each breed as well, no mixing going on down here.

Back
Top Bottom