Tractor Supply Chicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do any of you guys know...if I get chicks from TS, do they need a quarintine or can they go right in the brooder with my 2 1/2 week old chicks?

Well, a couple things here:
1) they are too far apart in age to recommend putting them together at this point.
2) not quarantining is at your own risk, regardless of where you get the chicks, unless you hatch them yourself.

My understanding is that they are not vaccinated, so I would definitely set up a strict quarantine until you are out of the danger zone, and follow good biosecurity protocols. No point in letting them infect/destroy your established youngsters.
That's in addition to the age difference concerns.

One thing I would consider is the amount of foot traffic in a TSC- in terms of people handling them ( I watched one little boy at the feed store pretty much pick up every chick they had-- he was gentle but magnify that by a 100 kids over a weekend- like in a busy TSC--, that cant be good for chicks)....

One thing I would consider is the amount of foot traffic in a TSC- in terms of people handling them ( I watched one little boy at the feed store pretty much pick up every chick they had-- he was gentle but magnify that by a 100 kids over a weekend- like in a busy TSC--, that cant be good for chicks)....

One of my local rural kings prevents handling by making large bins with lids and they are well built and are PADDLOCKED closed. keeps people from being touchy feely with them

Back
Top Bottom