Tractor Supply Chicks

kmiller11

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
SE Pennsylvania
If my tractor supply gets chicks in this week...would they be there first thing in the morning? just asking because my store is suppose to get them this week but i am about an hour from the store. i don't want to drive there in the morning if they aren't going to get them till the middle to end of the day. Ill probably wait till they open and call before i leave i just wasn't sure if anyone knew 100% that if they get them they would be there as soon as the store opens. thanks

If my tractor supply gets chicks in this week...would they be there first thing in the morning? just asking because my store is suppose to get them this week but i am about an hour from the store. i don't want to drive there in the morning if they aren't going to get them till the middle to end of the day. Ill probably wait till they open and call before i leave i just wasn't sure if anyone knew 100% that if they get them they would be there as soon as the store opens. thanks
I would call. I called for days to see if they had them. The closest TSC to me is 15-20 minutes away.

Plan to be at the store at 10:30am. Just saying. Also what days they receive them depend entirely on which hatchery they are coming from.

I got my chicks from Tractor Supply and fair warning bring your own box to bring them home in or be very careful in the box they provide. They all fell out of the bottom of my box and did the same thing to a bunch of other people while they were in there!

Ours got them last week, but have no idea what they are. I was not impressed with the employees there either. They had no idea what they were doing, or about the chicks. They simply manhandled them and chucked what the customer wanted in a box.

4 bins.

One of mixed bantam, one of sex link females, one of 'take your chance' on the sex....obviously cheaper than known females. And the fourth was to hold the customer's box while it was filled in case there were escapees. No list of possible breeds at all. No thank you.

Ours got them last week, but have no idea what they are.  I was not impressed with the employees there either. They had no idea what they were doing, or about the chicks. They simply manhandled them and chucked what the customer wanted in a box.

4 bins.

One of mixed bantam, one of sex link females, one of 'take your chance' on the sex....obviously cheaper than known females. And the fourth was to hold the customer's box while it was filled in case there were escapees. No list of possible breeds at all.  No thank you.

I had the same issue, this is my first time with chickens and tsc was awful. They seemed annoyed with my questions and with my two sons who were excited. Really put a damper in what should have been a great experience.

Back
Top Bottom