Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

This time I got 20 to hatch out of 36 instead of 17 out of 72. The eggs were a week old...just like the 72, but this time I only bought the cartons that were on the outside edge of the open cooler so that might be why my results were better.

My older chicks look like this now:
Pullet

Cockerel
Wow, very obvious difference. How old are they?

The Tj's pullet that I sold to a person in Davis said she is now the head of the pecking order. She is in with a Basque hen a Pita Pinta and an Australorp. She and the Australorp are 20 weeks and the others are two years old.

She is still calm and friendly though.

Last edited:
I saw people looking for brown fertile eggs earlier, well, Farmer Joe's on Fruitvale (just off the 580 Fruitvale exit) in Oakland, CA has them. So if you're in NorCal (or passing through) there's a source.

I'm going to get some TJ eggs for my poor broody girl who is dying to hatch some of her golf balls! Any tips would be helpful thanks.
Look for the freshest date and check for cracks at the store. Let them come to room temperature and put them under the broody.

Make sure to buy eggs that say fertile on the carton.

You can seriously get fertilized eggs at trader joes that hatch? That is hilarious! I have to try it!
Yes, give it a try!

Hi all I forgot who I was talking to about fertile eggs on here..it was someone from Southern Oregon and there were none..but today I was at shop n kart in ashland and they are now carrying fertile medium brown eggs!! It was 3.49 a dozen..they were the same brand Winco in california carries I think.

Back
Top Bottom