Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

I hope they hatch for you!

On the plus side, they are not too expensive compared to purchasing from a breeder.

I'll keep you posted
1f600.png

Thanks Ron. I am hoping some of my hens will go broody again next year but some are getting a bit older and not laying as much. So we will need some pullets to raise up next year.
I still hope some of my Buffs will hatch but if not I still have a homemade bator/hatcher I will fire up. lol
I am very happy with the amount of eggs the TJs pullets lay. They are nice chickens too.

We don't have a trader joe's here but there are some brown eggs in some of the stores here. I may try to hatch some come spring.
Ya'll make it sound so good. I told my DH last night about this thread and he also thinks it may be a good thing to replace the eggs we are losing from the older hens.
We also need more eggs for the new customers since the price of eggs went up.

We don't have a trader joe's here but there are some brown eggs in some of the stores here. I may try to hatch some come spring. 
Ya'll make it sound so good. I told my DH last night about this thread and he also thinks it may be a good thing to replace the eggs we are losing from the older hens. 
We also need more eggs for the new customers since the price of eggs went up. 
The egg carton needs to be marked as fertile, if not they won't hatch. If you don't have a Trader Joes, try looking in those new health food stores for fertile eggs or try a farmers market and ask if they keep the males in with the hens

Well, I've done it again.... Just bought 6 duck eggs from my local convenience store. They sell eggs from our local farms. These farm eggs come from a place that has both drakes and ducks..... They'll go in the bator tomorrow.......

Well, I've done it again.... Just bought 6 duck eggs from my local convenience store. They sell eggs from our local farms. These farm eggs come from a place that has both drakes and ducks..... They'll go in the bator tomorrow.......
Any idea what breed they might be ?

Back
Top Bottom