Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

Baby Whole Foods is out!
1f60d.png
1f423.png
I now have a lone chick though

Give me hope! I can't keep roos. Someone said a big comb at hatch equals roo. And his (hers, please) looks pretty decent sized
1f612.png

The parent flock should be sexlinks--Chicks hatched out from sexlinks are not sexlinked.
In another thread someone else was able to get information about the breeds the egg company keeps and replied that they kept white rocks hens and RIR roosters which resulted in her red female chicks and yellow white males. But I don't know if all the farms keep the same breeds so yes they may not hatch out sex linked

In another thread someone else was able to get information about the breeds the egg company keeps and replied that they kept white rocks hens and RIR roosters which resulted in her red female chicks and yellow white males. But I don't know if all the farms keep the same breeds so yes they may not hatch out sex linked
Thanks!

I may need to hatch some fertile eggs from our local Whole Foods store now.

So I have a Trader Joes that is close and they do have eggs, so the egg carton has to be marked fertilized? So they sell two different kinds of eggs fertilized an unfertilized correct? Next time my hen decides to go broody I will definitely purchase myself a dozen fertilized eggs!

So I have a Trader Joes that is close and they do have eggs, so the egg carton has to be marked fertilized? So they sell two different kinds of eggs fertilized an unfertilized correct? Next time my hen decides to go broody I will definitely purchase myself a dozen fertilized eggs!
Yes, the eggs will say fertilized on them.

Back
Top Bottom