Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

even with human twins one can be bigger. sorry for your loss. I have not been able to hatch double yolkers but I hear it has been done.

Last edited:
10 of 12 Rock Island eggs are developing!!!
wee.gif

I had tried to hatch fertile eggs from Natures's yoke and none developed. At 8 days I started cracking them open and zip, zero, zilch! Don't even think they were fertile!?!?!
1f629.png

I tried rock island, didnt get any, maybe it was over refrigerated. Let us know what kind of chickens they turn out.

I bought mine on the 23rd...set them on the 25th. The "Sell by" date was May 10th, but they come out of Sonoma, CA and I am about a 4 hour drive from there. You should be closer. I also made sure I pulled my carton from the very back of the shelf so I would get some that had not been handled much.

Edited to add:

I posted on the Facebook page asking what breed they were. The owner said they were a "variation" of the Rhode Island Red

Last edited:
Egg "manafacturers" put the date collected on their packaging in the Julian calendar - today is May 3 so eggs collecteded today will have a 123 on the carton

I have attached a julian calendar for those interested

It may help decide if the eggs are worth hatching.

I have had success with 12 and 16 day old refridgerated TJ eggs

Egg "manafacturers" put the date collected on their packaging in the Julian calendar - today is May 3 so eggs collecteded today will have a 123 on the carton

I have attached a julian calendar for those interested

[ATTACHMENT=686]julian-calendar.pdf (10k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

It may help decide if the eggs are worth hatching.

I have had success with 12 and 16 day old refridgerated TJ eggs
Now I have to try again! Darn it! LOL

Back
Top Bottom