Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

This thread is blowing. my. mind. Who knew?! I am so tempted to do this, but we cannot have roosters in the city, so I can't. oh sigh...it would be so fun :)

the panties did not stay on and the other chicks pecked the spot. I separated him then when it dried I put on elmers glue and attatched rabbit fur, the other chicks didn't like that.

One of 3 out of 6 duck eggs from my local mom n pop convenience store!

Can anyone tell me boys or girls? I have two types of crown one is larger and pink and one is smaller and less pink....
Their legs should be going blue by now. Where did you get them?

I see two pullets--The others look like cockerels.

My mom picked up 2 dozen Trader Joe eggs for me on her trip. Best mom ever! The Juliain date is 202 so they should be 8days old. I can't wait to see if they hatch! I've been wanting to join the Trader Joe hatching club for a long time!

My mom picked up 2 dozen Trader Joe eggs for me on her trip. Best mom ever! The Juliain date is 202 so they should be 8days old. I can't wait to see if they hatch! I've been wanting to join the Trader Joe hatching club for a long time!
Nice!

Did the eggs say fertile on them? Did they come from Sonoma county?

Sorry if this has already been answered but I did not get a chance to read through all 2200+ posts... We do not have a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods in our area that I am aware of so I am curious if these eggs have been refrigerated, and/or washed, by the time you purchase them. If so, I am impressed with all of your hatching abilities and it makes me want to try it too!

Yeah, they are the ones marked " fertile". They are refrigerated and look to be scrubbed clean, (maybe even bleached?). I'm sure it reduces the hatch rate but some eggs just really want to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom