Trader Joes & Other Grocery Store Egg Hatching Club - Are you a Member

My TJ's hens decided to hide eggs on me. They have been laying eggs in an old roll out nest box stored in a shed. The door blew off and even though the front was closed on the nest box, they jumped in from the back.

40 eggs!

My TJ's hens decided to hide eggs on me. They have been laying eggs in an old roll out nest box stored in a shed. The door blew off and even though the front was closed on the nest box, they jumped in from the back.

40 eggs!

gig.gif
I'd say they want some babies! lol

Question for thise of you that hatched and then raised grocery eggs/ chickens that had been refrigerated.

How many eggs did you set?
How many hatched?
Of those that hatched, how many were pullets?

Am following an Australian study, and this is the perfect thread to anser those questions.

Question for thise of you that hatched and then raised grocery eggs/ chickens that had been refrigerated.

How many hatched?

Am following an Australian study, and this is the perfect thread to anser those questions.
Last year I set 22 and hatched 17. Two of those died. of the 15, 8 were cockerels and 7 were pullets.

This year I set 45 and hatched 32 with one having failure to thrive. It looks like I have 15 cockerels and the rest pullets. It looks like the normal 50% that you would expect from a good hatch rate.

How many hatched?

32 set
27 hatched
14 pullets (13 cockerels)

How many hatched?

I heard of that study too. It doesn't look promising as of yet.....

How many hatched?

I set 22 last fall, they were a gift from my mom, (she knows I'm a hatchaholic). I ended up with only hatching 2 cockerels out of the batch, but they did endure a long journey from the store to my incubator.

Back
Top Bottom