True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
With mine, the WTB eggs are as big as my FBCM eggs and the whitings eat far less feed as they are 1/2 the size.
were did you get your WTB..? and are they a breed..? or a cross..? can they fly to escape..? :D how many eggs a week..? :thumbsup:highfive: also do you or any one , who knows about the Sapphires..? i believe they are cross of a cream leg bar roo X a white leg horn hen, but thats all i know , just needed egg & temperament info on both the WTB & Sapphires :thumbsup:highfive: THANKS

I got one each of the WTB and WTG from Murray McMurray this past June. I get an egg every day from both birds and the eggs went from being small to being the large size you get in the grocery store. My WTB is friendly & will perch on you but the WTG is timid and will only sit with you on her terms. Both are about 1/2 the size of my Buff Orps of the same age. They are beautiful girls & lay beautiful eggs.

Picture 1 is Jessie the WTG
View attachment 1236635
Picture 2 is Jordan the WTB
View attachment 1236637
:goodpost:THANKS...!!!!!!! :thumbsup:jumpy:highfive::yesss:

so the white spotted one is the WTB ...???does the WTB fly ..? and dont they lay blue eggs...? very pretty girls..!!!! :highfive::yesss::clap VERY kool indeed...!!!...!!!:woot:yesss::thumbsup:woot

I appreciate the advice @ronott1

I also asked the person I received the eggs from and she recommended to keep them on their sides. I'm gonna go ahead and leave them on their sides this time. I will keep the cut carton method in mind for the next time if these eggs on their side end up failing.

I went and candled them one last time and saw movement on 8 out of 10 eggs and saw a couple with what appears to be saddled air sacks. Those eggs I positioned so the majority of the air sack was at the top of the egg. Now I am turning off the egg turner, raising the humidity to 60% and put on lockdown.

I have the first egg pipping this morning. Strangely enough it is pipping on the pointy end. That was actually one of my concerns for hatching them upright is that they would pip at the bottom and get stuck. Almost all of the eggs are active and wiggling I’m excited to see what happens next.

Thanks! All credit goes to the breeder I ordered the eggs from. She takes good care of her chickens and it shows in their health.
I enjoy hatching eggs in the incubator. I think everybody should do it. Those first couple days after hatching are critical and it’s a good time to bond with the chicks.
Hopefully these chicks will grow up healthy and produce lots of eggs and chicks.

Back
Top Bottom