True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
We ended up making a run to Whiting Farms to get some pullets from Dr Thomas Whiting himself. Love these birds! They are big for six-month olds. Pretty flighty, but they laid 5 eggs on the way home (four-hour drive) then got 17 eggs today! We'll likely get some day old chicks end of March/April.
Wow thats so cool! Any egg pics to share?

We ended up making a run to Whiting Farms to get some pullets from Dr Thomas Whiting himself. Love these birds! They are big for six-month olds. Pretty flighty, but they laid 5 eggs on the way home (four-hour drive) then got 17 eggs today! We'll likely get some day old chicks end of March/April.
Very nice! I like how you focused on the blue one ha-ha ;) I'm intrigued by the combs, they don't look at all like a standard single comb, but more like a game... They're beautiful girls, definitely see some mediterranean background in them. Do you find a lot of beards or muffs? I think I see some, reminds me of EEs... I'll be waiting on the egg pics too lol ;) Eta* MUCH better pics than Murray McMurray put up lol ;)

Last edited:
Hey, all. Sorry for the delay. Here are some egg pics. I didn't adjust the color at all ... have an EE egg (second from right at the top), Whiting eggs and some Maran eggs in this "basket". I don't know if the blue is showing up, but they are definitely blue!
Dr Whiting also has green egg layers. They are similar to olive eggers, in that they don't necessarily breed true, but he tells me the eggs are the color of avocadoes! He is going to try and get some pics for me, and I'll post them just as soon as I get them.

Oh -- and, I wasn't purposely trying to get the blue hen in the pic ... she was just a camera hog!
wink.png

Oh -- and to answer your question, I have some Ameraucana and EE hens, and these girls don't really look like them. If there are muffs, they are very slight. They do have all kinds of colors, though. Dr Whiting did that on purpose ... thought it would be fun ...and it is!
Now ... if our rooster "Peyton Manning" can just manage to "man up" (and he will), we'll get some of these beautiful blues in the incubator!

Oh -- and to answer your question, I have some Ameraucana and EE hens, and these girls don't really look like them.  If there are muffs, they are very slight. They do have all kinds of colors, though.  Dr Whiting did that on purpose ... thought it would be fun ...and it is!
Now ... if our rooster "Peyton Manning" can just manage to "man up" (and he will), we'll get some of these beautiful blues in the incubator!

Thank you for all the pics! Now is your rooster a Whiting Blue as well? Any pics? I had to ask
1f600.png

Yes he is. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present ... Peyton Manning ... (Sorry - unlike the blue hen, he is quite camera shy)
Oooh, I like Peyton very much! :D Love the green shining through; he looks flighty for sure lol... I like the look of them, they're different than just black and white birds. I actually am becoming quite attracted to the differences in them. (But I'm still partial to blue ;) )

Back
Top Bottom