True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
[/IMG]

So i ordered 9 TBW and got the straight run chicks on March 3. It was rough sorting out what was what all the TBW looked totally different.

At any rate, the last photo with the buttercup on the right is the hen i want to keep. I am curious to know what color she is... creamy white with a lightly colored rusty chest.....

It submitted before i could finish. We ordered 30 chicks and couldn't tell who was who for a long while.

Anyways, these TBW are huge babies. They are all bigger than all the different breeds we all got.

Anyone know what the colors are?

[/URL]

So i ordered 9 TBW and got the straight run chicks on March 3. It was rough sorting out what was what all the TBW looked totally different.

At any rate, the last photo with the buttercup on the right is the hen i want to keep. I am curious to know what color she is... creamy white with a lightly colored rusty chest.....

Pretty sure that's Dominant white in heterozygous form, on a wild type base. I've had birds like that from Leghorn breeding when breeding to get away from Dominant white (working towards Mille Fleur Leghorns). It's kind of pretty with the salmon front that the wild type birds have.

So -- those hens aren't wheaten after all?? Wow!

We have a silver duckwing rooster out w/ "wheaten" (or white and salmon), blue, black, various shades of brown and black pullets. We've had only ONE black hatch, limited number of the "wheaten" or white, and primarily the "chipmunk" w/ a light background (Dr. Whiting advised those are likely the silver. If that's the case, appears he's dominant for that gene.

As to a breed "type", when Dr. Whiting was approached by a commercial producer to develop a prolific layer of blue eggs, he thought he would have some fun w/ it -- so he purposely introduced various colors, etc. so a typical backyard keeper would have a variety of looks. I'm not sure he was going for a specific "type".

HA!! Hey -- I'm an hour behind you and I've been up messing w/ chickens!!!
I'll get a picture of some of the Whiting Green pullets I have (I kept a few back -- I'm going to throw them in w/ my EE roo and see what happens). He's a nice, pretty boy and very fertile.

Back
Top Bottom