True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
That's interesting BD. I've ordered from all over the US.I noticed very quickly that i had better luck with eggs from the west coast vrs east coast.Ive had good results from the central states also.The difference in hatch rates caused me to stop buying from anyone on the east coast. Now you have me wondering WHY? Im in Southeast Texas,there has to be something going on. Other than the usual hit and miss with the postal service.I never considered the elevation difference.I was leaning towards it having something to do with our extreme humidity levels...gonna have to start charting the eggs I buy and see if there is a recordable correlation.

Last edited:
That's interesting BD. I've ordered from all over the US.I noticed very quickly that i had better luck with eggs from the west coast vrs east coast.Ive had good results from the central states also.The difference in hatch rates caused me to stop buying from anyone on the east coast. Now you have me wondering WHY? Im in Southeast Texas,there has to be something going on. Other than the usual hit and miss with the postal service

The logistics of travel play a huge roll... The closer you order to home the more likely the package will be put on trucks and driven over the road vs taking a plane ride to the nearest airport...

Two days bouncing around the back of trucks going down the road is more likely to cause damage then a few hours in a truck and a 6 hour plane ride...

Interesting JR ... you're at 26'. I'm curious at the altitude of some of the poultry keepers out east v. WA state and other western states where you've had better luck.

one of my true blue males

Back
Top Bottom