True Blue Whiting info please?

Pics
My 8 were all laying by 24 weeks. You may have just a little longer! Once they start they are laying machines
1f604.png

Very anxious for them to start laying. Thank you

Vega started laying today!! 1 more WTB to go. Her egg is the middle blue egg. It's about the same shade as Roxy's first egg which is now the even light blue egg at the side. I'm very happy with my egg basket this morning!!

Still waiting. I have a whole bunch of babies that should be laying any day. 25 of them to be exact and 4 of those are WTB. I replaced my whole flock this year so we haven't had eggs for a while,

They are all 21 weeks old. I'm just worried that the daylight is now down to 12 hours that theyll wait till next Spring.But there is lots of red combs and faces and wbout 3 of them do the submissive squat.

I have one laying now and although it's not blue/green (thanks for that) sadly it is a very, very pale washed out blue, far from the deeper blue egg color I'm aiming for in my own blue layer line...

If I place it next to a white egg you can see it has a blue tint, but next my other blue layers eggs it almost looks white...

Here is a quickie phone picture out in the sunlight... White egg on the left, Whiting True Blue in middle, one of my blue layers on the right...

Yes they are very pale blue. I actually have one that was at first pale blue and is now having a small green hint
1f615.png

I have one laying now and although it's not blue/green (thanks for that) sadly it is a very, very pale washed out blue, far from the deeper blue egg color I'm aiming for in my own blue layer line...

If I place it next to a white egg you can see it has a blue tint, but next my other blue layers eggs it almost looks white...

Here is a quickie phone picture out in the sunlight... White egg on the left, Whiting True Blue in middle, one of my blue layers on the right...

So sorta weird my final WTB is laying now and her eggs are almost white because the film they put on the egg to protect it is like 4x the thickness on her eggs Than a normal hen.

Anyone else getting green tinted eggs from their WTB? My girl Vega started with a blue egg with a slight hint of green. And today this was her egg in the center (other two WTB are the top two eggs).

They have gotten progressively more green as she lays. Very pretty egg but not blue. Curious how common this has been so far for all of you.

Anyone else getting green tinted eggs from their WTB? My girl Vega started with a blue egg with a slight hint of green. And today this was her egg in the center (other two WTB are the top two eggs).

They have gotten progressively more green as she lays. Very pretty egg but not blue. Curious how common this has been so far for all of you.

I'm still waiting on mine to lay.All are 22 weeks now and last night when I closed my coop door up. I had to remove my WTB Maleficient off the top of the door before I could close it. When I put her on the roost she finally did a submissive squat. So I'm crossing my fingers for soon.

Last edited:
Mine are pretty flighty too and intelligent. I really enjoy them. I'm glad I am not concerned about egg color for my flock because Roxy my first layer is one of my favorite birds and Vega the one that lays the teal egg is IMO the pretties bird in my small flock.

I'm still waiting on mine to lay.All are 22 weeks now and last night when I closed my coop door up. I had to remove my WTB Maleficient off the top of the door before I could close it. When I put her on the roost she finally did a submissive squat. So I'm crossing my fingers for soon.

Back
Top Bottom