UK Member Please Say HI

its very very wet lol as is london , was there yesterday well near heathrow dropping my son off @ bridgewater barracks , the drive was horrid !!
oh yesterday and today was horrible

and my garden is a mud pit from the ducks trampling in the rain

im only 20 mins away from heathrow and very familiar with bridgewater area

oh yesterday and today was horrible

and my garden is a mud pit from the ducks trampling in the rain

im only 20 mins away from heathrow and very familiar with bridgewater area
very wet here as well , bet your ducks are loving it , having to keep my chickens in the run and they hate it so used to running all over the garden , is it in for the bloody week because its not on lol rant over !!

very wet here as well , bet your ducks are loving it , having to keep my chickens in the run and they hate it so used to running all over the garden , is it in for the bloody week because its not on lol rant over !!
The ducks are in dream land

today the sun is shinning quite bright and not rain but this week looks like loads of rain on and off

i let my chickens out as they are good when it rains and run inside if it gets heavy

The ducks are in dream land

today the sun is shinning quite bright and not rain but this week looks like loads of rain on and off

i let my chickens out as they are good when it rains and run inside if it gets heavy
is it right that they shouldnt get to wet ? someone told my husband but didnt know if true or not ?? and do you know anyone who takes cocks if i hatch to many lol i have a silkie cock now and i think a polish , sorry neighbours lol

im glad its sunny up your way, my son will be happy then when i talk to him later

Last edited:
is it right that they shouldnt get to wet ? someone told my husband but didnt know if true or not ?? and do you know anyone who takes cocks if i hatch to many lol i have a silkie cock now and i think a polish , sorry neighbours lol

im glad its sunny up your way, my son will be happy then when i talk to him later

rain and wet is something thats not good for chicken and soft feathered should idealy be kept dry as they are like sponges (Orpintons) and water in feathers means they cant regulate the heat and can get cold and phenomonia and die

i'm not sure of anyone in derby that takes roos and i know farms and breeders dont as they have trouble getting rid of their own roos

i have roos myself and welcome more but derby to west london or vise versa is a bit of a crazy mission

especiallly now i dont have a car

rain and wet is something thats not good for chicken and soft feathered should idealy be kept dry as they are like sponges (Orpintons) and water in feathers means they cant regulate the heat and can get cold and phenomonia and die

i'm not sure of anyone in derby that takes roos and i know farms and breeders dont as they have trouble getting rid of their own roos

i have roos myself and welcome more but derby to west london or vise versa is a bit of a crazy mission

especiallly now i dont have a car
thank its good to know you would take them if i got to many and it is a crazy drive but im sure at some stage i would be up your way for my son , but at min im fine im just hooked on hatching and keeping chickens lol . i would hate to think that they would have to be put down . what chickens do you keep and do your neighbours not mind your roos ? ps thanks for the info on the rain / wet chickens

thank its good to know you would take them if i got to many and it is a crazy drive but im sure at some stage i would be up your way for my son , but at min im fine im just hooked on hatching and keeping chickens lol . i would hate to think that they would have to be put down . what chickens do you keep and do your neighbours not mind your roos ? ps thanks for the info on the rain / wet chickens

if ever you get a few too many then yes im happy to take them, its a shame to put them down if they dont need to be

my main flock is hybrids layers and then i have pure breeds Cream Legbars, orpingtons, Lavender Araucanas, Asil, Marans (French Copper)

and then a few ducks and geese

the main list is in my signature

My neigbours are pretty much OK with the crowing untill recently i had a bit of a disagreement with one and a few days later local council sent a letter to me

but i have sorted that by letting out the roos a bit later in the day so they dont crow at 6am as that was teh main issue

crowing during daylight hours is allowed regardless

one neighbour is a retired couple and they where brought up on a farm and listen out for my cockerels as they love hearing him crow

your welcome about the wet feathers

if ever you get a few too many then yes im happy to take them, its a shame to put them down if they dont need to be

my main flock is hybrids layers and then i have pure breeds Cream Legbars, orpingtons, Lavender Araucanas, Asil, Marans (French Copper)

and then a few ducks and geese

the main list is in my signature

My neigbours are pretty much OK with the crowing untill recently i had a bit of a disagreement with one and a few days later local council sent a letter to me

but i have sorted that by letting out the roos a bit later in the day so they dont crow at 6am as that was teh main issue

crowing during daylight hours is allowed regardless

one neighbour is a retired couple and they where brought up on a farm and listen out for my cockerels as they love hearing him crow

your welcome about the wet feathers
gosh you have loads lol , mine dont start crowing till 7.30 on the dot in his coop lol i have trained him that no matter how load he got i wasnt letting him out till then and he goes back to sleep . i didnt know that about the daylight hours etc so thanks for that not that anyone yet has complained

Back
Top Bottom