UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Love the pics of the horses giving you kisses

My black rock now after her very stubborn broody event went back to normal but now has gone in to a molt and she not even a year old??????!
With my last flock none of them molted during their first year I'm not sure how hard it is as she just started over the last few days is this normal??

Hi,

I am new here so HELLO. :-D

I hope to get as much infomation from you guys and girls as possible now that i am a duck owner. :)

We have two Runner ducks, both roughly 3 months old which we have reared from a few days old.

They live in the garden now but would like to bring them in the house for a few hours a day ao they can play with my son (which they stick to like glue)

Could anyone here guide me to where i could find "duck diapers" in the UK please as they seem to poop ALL THE TIME and they make one hell of a mess.

Thanks you. :)

I'll say hi. Welcome Dazzagtir1.

I'm new to this particular thread but I am a Brit so I'll stop by from time to time. Lived in London and now in the beautiful Georgia mountains--thank God.
You will find lots of great information on here. Not sure about duck diapers though. Could you use chicken diapers?
Have fun on here.

Thank you for the welcome. :)

I envy your new life, I really do.!
Thankfully I do however live in Devon which is far from any kind of bustling city like London.!

I'm not 100% sure if a chicken nappy will do the job but I will do some research.

At the moment my little boy uses a towel I wrap them in to cradle them (which they love) hard to believe. Lol

Now that is an incredibly cute picture! What a darling child and duck.
I've been in the States since 1981 and lived in cities until 2009. I am amazed at how well I have adapted. I wouldn't want to live in a city again. I love having chickens and turkeys.

Welcome to the thread @Dazzagtir1

That pic is just so cute :love It looks like your son is enjoying himself very much!
I'm afraid I'm not much help on the duck nappies, you may have to have them posted over from the US. Have you tried Amazon? They do most things and you can get stuff from abroad on there. I've had stuff sent from the US and Australia on there with no problems.

Good luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Love the pics of the horses giving you kisses

My black rock now after her very stubborn broody event went back to normal but now has gone in to a molt and she not even a year old??????!
With my last flock none of them molted during their first year I'm not sure how hard it is as she just started over the last few days is this normal??

Did you get her as a chick? Can you be sure of her age or are you going on what the seller told you. They do have several mini moults so to speak in their first year untill they get the full adult feathers through. Does it look to be full blown moult or just a few lost feathers?

HI
I am from Brighton on the east sussex coast of England.
smile.png

I have one wonderful son luke,who is 22 years old , 3 quail and one rather fat cat called Muffin.

Back
Top Bottom