UK Member Please Say HI

Hi all about 3 days away from my Aylesbury ducks hatch looks like ill have a flock of three strong :) just a question i will be giving them chick feed but i have been told i should give them nutritional yeast can you point me in the direction to what i should get and how much to give my little duckings

Jason

This would be amazing. Has anyone used them before?

I've never used this product but we do use something similar on our plants. My other half has 150 young Xmas trees that he's growing on...he uses something called "Nematodes" that are microscopic bug type things that you add to the soil via water. They eat/destroy all the bugs especially vine weevil that destroy plant roots (we were plagued with them at one point) It's worked a treat on the plants so I don't see why a similar product wouldn't work on mites.

also as i will have 3 aylesbury ducks what size coop would be best as i am looking at building my own.

i am going to go for the deep fill litter method and so looking to make a large metal tray just wondering on floor size

Jason

i will have 3 aylesbury ducks ...

Ducks ...
1f631.png

I don't even know very much about chickens.

Ducks ...
1f631.png

I don't even know very much about chickens.

I have 5 ducks (3 Swedish, a Khaki Campbell and a Cherry Valley, a large white duck which is very similar to an Aylesbury) and I have no clue either! Mine just live with my chickens free range...our coop is approx 3m squared and about 6.5ft tall. They range all day on an acre and just sleep on the floor of the coop in an old plastic dog bed. I find they are less needy than the chucks, but they do like to be "hand fed" they're never ill (other than a leg issue my 1 drake had) and just eat the layers pellets and scraps. They do love fish and pasta as an occasional treat...ducks are very messy but generally easy to keep.....in my opinion. Good luck @Original1984

Last edited:
Hi all about 3 days away from my Aylesbury ducks hatch looks like ill have a flock of three strong :) just a question i will be giving them chick feed but i have been told i should give them nutritional yeast can you point me in the direction to what i should get and how much to give my little duckings

Jason  

Hi Jason,

I would recommend mixing a tablespoon of BREWERS YEAST (available from Amazon or a health shop suck as Hollands and Barrett) with every scoop of of chick crumb, this is to prevent them getting leg problems from Nicain defintioncies. Good luck! Alesburys are awesome ducks!

Aw, sorry to hear about your lovely old girl, RudiesRoost. It is easy to get really fond of the quirky little creatures.

Two of mine won't go in the coop at night, just sleeping down in the run. Now that the weather should - theoretically, anyway! - start getting colder, I'd like to stop this. Any suggestions? I don't really want to just lock them in (there isn't actually a door, but I could tape cardboard over it temporarily) because they panic terribly when I put them in there. It's weird because Elvis trots up there happily every evening and I'm fairly sure she wouldn't object to them sharing her space.

Back
Top Bottom