*Updated* Stove pipe feeder, PICS inside. with other feeder links.

GallowayFarms

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Alrighty, I am following up my PVC feeder with my Stove pipe feeder.

Post of the PVC feeder with pics
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=62635

This is my other stove pipe feeder with pics.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=62738

I used 6" stove pipe that comes in 24 inch sections. I bought a feed pan from the co-op for the bottom.

I used "L" brackets and 1/4 or 3/8" sheet metal screws.

this is an over view shot
0612080707.jpg

This next picture shows how I put the "L"brackets on. What i did was put the stove pipe on the pan and trace with a marker. screwed the "L"'s to the pan then screw the L's to the pipe. The "L" 's face in bc there wasn't enough room for them to go the other way.
0612080707a.jpg

Here is a view of the inside.

0612080707b.jpg

Last edited:
I think the one time i totally filled it they took 3 or 4 of the 4 qt feed scoops. The plastic kind you can buy at about any feed place.

yhst-47162501710842_2006_68648682

I don't know how many pounds that is but I think it is about 4 pounds a scoop.

The pipe comes in 2' sections and I cut them in half to make two feeders.

Good luck and have fun with your project.

The handle is from a paint bucket. I just drilled holes and reused the handle. You can either use them to hand the feeder or carry them.

Cheers

Nick

I am glad DH is finally getting on board! Told him this will save us on wasted feed and save $! My girls tend to make a mess of the feed now. He loves to build/fix stuff too. As a matter of fact our 6 acers is filled with piles of potential. LOL! Fence, wood, bikes, cars, tools, Pipes, parts, you name it we got it. Its cool to reuse all these things, it makes our yard unique.

also if you look on this board. i show the pics of the feeder i made using pvc pipe and a 5 gallon bucket lid.

Back
Top Bottom