Using the UK dosage for Safe-guard?

Maybe someone can explain this better than I can.
  • 1 ml of 100% pure water = 1000 mg of water
  • 1 ml of Safeguard = 10% fenbendazole and 90% "stuff". One ml of Safeguard has 10 mg of fenbendazole and 90 mg of "stuff"
If Safeguard were 100% pure fenbendazole then you would divide by 1000.

Does that help or make it more confusing?
:thumbsup That’s a good explanation. The only thing I would add is that the 100 comes from the suspension being 10% (100 mg/ml), as you can see from the bottle:
56CA853D-0F4B-491E-938D-AFECD3EB4DC4.jpeg

If it was 200 mg/ml (20%) then you would divide by 200, and so on.

So you think a drop from a small eye dropper is about the right dose? I think I have a bottle of baby gas drops I can steal the dropper from to use. Probably the easiest way to get just a drop each. I’ll probably try to dose them at bedtime tonight. Thank you so much for the help!!
Eye dropper drop might be more than 0.02 ml, but a drop from a 3 ml syringe would be pretty close. Remember to shake really well!

Got my first dose done this evening. I was by myself with only a flashlight so I’m sure not everyone got the exact perfect drop. Probably most got a little more. But like 2 drops at most for any one bird. Not so much that I’ll throw out eggs still. I’m not too worried about it with such a low dose. Hope it starts to work quick though. Whoever has the worms, they’re pretty bad it seems. They had a worm poop while I was out there. (Of course while my back was turned so I still didn’t see exactly who, but I have a suspicion) There were probably 3 big worms in the poo, all squirming around. It was soooooo gross.

Back
Top Bottom