Utah!

Both of my naked necks are still white..with one having just a couple of black spots...boys don't stay all white correct? I'm still thinking both are girls. The all white one has gone red in the face though. 17 weeks.

So far the ones I have seen get old enough to be obvious boys have some orange/red on them somewhere. Some of the females do too, but none of the "all white/lavender with black spots" have been boys. You should be set unless something new happens! Let me know when you get an egg, I am interested to see if they are brown or tinted white, some of them had the FBCM mom. Mine are all a little younger than yours, so you should get the first egg, or maybe Silly's hokey pokey. I kept one from the batch that Silly got hers from, and the other 11 left are from later hatches 2-6 weeks behind yours, (but there are still a couple boys showing up in the 11 left)

Cynthia GUESS WHAT! My last hatch of showgirls, in September, I think finally yielded me 1 WHITE GIRL! Yay! I think I had 8 white or paint SG boys in a row in order to get her. I have been scared to admit it, waiting for the crow or the egg....but she is sitting on an egg with another female, and I am just sure she is a she. I have a black showgirl, and a white showgirl, and they are nearly identical...teeny tiny banty size....and they are pals. The black one started laying, I need to get some pics of them this week to share, they are adorable. Her head is so round and fuzzy, I am so happy to say I am 99 percent sure she is a she :D

Welcome Erika. I have 2 Silkies at will be a year in May, and I don't think I could part with them. I love their fuzzy butts. Good luck finding some. I know in the spring there are several people that sell straight run chicks. But then your having chicks :(

My NN/SG from Casa is like a dirty white, she looks like she rolled in the dirt, but that is her color 24/7, I love it. She does have some black dots. Mine has the black skin like a silkie, and is starting to have a hint of red, more like a purple coloring in her head and neck too. I'm hoping mine is still a girl. Fingers crossed.

Wendy, I'm still fighting the stupid humidity. If I add more water to the tubes it shoots why up to like 40%, but if I just do the sponge, it stays around 30-35% but then after a few hours it drops down, and the sponges are still wet. I don't know. Stupid thing! At least there is humidity in there, right? At least I know I should be able to get it up high for lockdown, hopefully it will stay though.

My NN/SG Rooster is a mix of white, spotted /peckled, reds and grey. He is lovely. But he is a turd! She is super sweet to the NN female I also got from Lisa. She is all black. black skin and feathers. She is a funny little critter!

Is anyone out here dealing with MITES?
I don't think I am. And I dumped ashes into their dusting hole. I was just checking to see how thing are around here for them.

My NN/SG Rooster is a mix of white, spotted /peckled, reds and grey. He is lovely. But he is a turd! She is super sweet to the NN female I also got from Lisa. She is all black. black skin and feathers. She is a funny little critter! Is anyone out here dealing with MITES? I don't think I am. And I dumped ashes into their dusting hole. I was just checking to see how thing are around here for them.
you can get rid of mites with ashes?

Lisa, congrats on your SG GIRL! Yay!!

Erykah, I like the idea of serving up ashes for the girls to dust bathe in. I may just have to try it.

Sphinx, I've himmed and hawed about getting one of those. You'll have to let us know how you like it.

Well, I broke down. I gave my SBEL some eggs to sit on. Confounded girl's been sitting on nothing but leaves for a week! So I moved her into a carrier in the garage and gave her three little Serama eggs to brood. She was so happy it was almost disgusting, haha. I don't dare leave her outside with the heavy cold that's sneaking in. Too cold for one hen to be alone in!

Back
Top Bottom