Utah!

Who says a Brinsea Mini only fits 7 eggs!?!

My Wheaten Ameraucana cross laid her first egg today!

Way to go! haha! Glad you found it!

:yesss:

...and nice color egg!

Last edited:
LL

I want this color!

Way to go! haha! Glad you found it!

yesss.gif

...and nice color egg!
Yeah, I thought for sure my wife had hid the incubator. Turns out, I had stored it high up in the garage, waiting for my spring hatches. I guess I wasn't planning on a fall hatch!

This egg has a very interesting lineage. The rooster was a Barred Rock x Wheaten Ameraucana , and she hatched from a darker brown egg, I believe?

Needless to say, thanks for the compliments, and I, too, like the color! Hopefully I'll get a few more like this from my next hatch from Lisa!

sidewing, did you say you had someone that may be interested in RIR's? I have several pullet, and a couple of RSL's if interested.
I thought I did. He said his coworkers talked him out of it "because feed is more expensive than buying eggs". If he's not in it to get better eggs or for the enjoyment of owning chickens then I guess that's best.

yeah i walked in and heard the cheeps of the chicks and was like oh crap i thought i was safe going in here lol
I don't go to the feed store often because I get feed from a mill, but when I have I have not seen chicks since June.

Who says a Brinsea Mini only fits 7 eggs!?!

My Wheaten Ameraucana cross laid her first egg today!
I love that color! Great find!

After all this time I finally got hit by a predator. Big black lab got into the area where my chicken range and ripped through the flock. Killed the bunny that thought it was a chicken as well. Dog was well known by animal control. Animal control guy says i will get a whopping $15 per bird for restitution.

.....shaking....my.....head.....

After all this time I finally got hit by a predator. Big black lab got into the area where my chicken range and ripped through the flock. Killed the bunny that thought it was a chicken as well. Dog was well known by animal control. Animal control guy says i will get a whopping $15 per bird for restitution.

.....shaking....my.....head.....

That is TERRIBLE! I am so sorry. Did he get your Houdan?

I cannot tell how injured any of them are because they are all in shock. One Wheaton has a hole in her back and the Houdan is gimping a bit. My BSL and an easteregger are dead along with the rabbit. The one that faired the best is the NN because she was probably in the henhouse being a broody turd.

I cannot tell how injured any of them are because they are all in shock. One Wheaton has a hole in her back and the Houdan is gimping a bit. My BSL and an easteregger are dead along with the rabbit. The one that faired the best is the NN because she was probably in the henhouse being a broody turd.
hugs.gif
So sorry. :(

Oh man I would be so mad. And sad. It seems like the dog owner should be given a hefty fine at the very least and that restitution is pitiful :( I understand that accidents happen, my dogs bolt out the front door once in awhile and have to be chased down, but if mine hurt another ones pets I would be prepared to man up and make it right, and take responsibility! Hope that lab stays far away from your property going forward!

If you need any antibiotics for your wheaten let me know, I had some tylan 50 and extra syringes that needs to be used up, it expired a little bit ago but I am sure it is still good it is in my fridge. I only needed a dose for mine that had the hurt leg from my dog, and the rest will just get tossed. Neosporin works good on the wounds to help them heal up, about the same as the vetromycin at the feed store (not sure if that is spelled right). I have some electrolyte powder too if you want some for their water. If any of that will help PLEASE let me know!

Oh man I would be so mad. And sad. It seems like the dog owner should be given a hefty fine at the very least and that restitution is pitiful
sad.png
I understand that accidents happen, my dogs bolt out the front door once in awhile and have to be chased down, but if mine hurt another ones pets I would be prepared to man up and make it right, and take responsibility! Hope that lab stays far away from your property going forward!

If you need any antibiotics for your wheaten let me know, I had some tylan 50 and extra syringes that needs to be used up, it expired a little bit ago but I am sure it is still good it is in my fridge. I only needed a dose for mine that had the hurt leg from my dog, and the rest will just get tossed. Neosporin works good on the wounds to help them heal up, about the same as the vetromycin at the feed store (not sure if that is spelled right). I have some electrolyte powder too if you want some for their water. If any of that will help PLEASE let me know!

Thanks...I might take you up on the offer. I have never dealt with this before so I don't know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom