Utah!

After all this time I finally got hit by a predator. Big black lab got into the area where my chicken range and ripped through the flock. Killed the bunny that thought it was a chicken as well. Dog was well known by animal control. Animal control guy says i will get a whopping $15 per bird for restitution.

.....shaking....my.....head.....
I'm so sorry to hear that. I have been surprised to see that the majority of chicken deaths are due to dogs on this forum. I guess they are the closest predator.

I would just start by looking for major bleeding and deal with those first. Then I would take neosporin and treat each wound you can find. Then give them some time and let them settle down and watch for dropped wings, limping, etc. I have seen chickens recover from some nasty stuff.

Turns out my three year old's EE was a cockerel. We have a half acre so I let it go hoping the neighbors wouldn't mind the sweet sound of old Frosting's crows but it turns out they did. I now need to replace Frosting so I'm looking for an EE or something cool like a Lavender Orpington/Wyandotte. I'm hoping for a 4 month to 1 year old lady bird and I'll pay good money for it, please let me know if anyone can help me out.

Turns out my three year old's EE was a cockerel. We have a half acre so I let it go hoping the neighbors wouldn't mind the sweet sound of old Frosting's crows but it turns out they did. I now need to replace Frosting so I'm looking for an EE or something cool like a Lavender Orpington/Wyandotte. I'm hoping for a 4 month to 1 year old lady bird and I'll pay good money for it, please let me know if anyone can help me out.

After all this time I finally got hit by a predator. Big black lab got into the area where my chicken range and ripped through the flock. Killed the bunny that thought it was a chicken as well. Dog was well known by animal control. Animal control guy says i will get a whopping $15 per bird for restitution.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! And you had them double fenced in, too! :(

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! And you had them double fenced in, too!
sad.png

The dog got in from the neighbors side...just a single, 4 foot, chain link fence.

wow i am so sorry :(

So sorry Doughie :( At least you got something, even though I agree that is pitiful. How do you replace a pet with $15, unless it was a gold fish?

We have neighbors behind us with the nastiest dog ever, and we have had roving dogs take out our birds, too. But I am sorry that you had to experience this :(

I'm in Syracuse. Less than a mile away from the Great Salt Lake.

Welcome! I don't think I've seen your name before.

Back
Top Bottom